|Anti-hPD1-Pem-hIgG1||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Monoclonal human IgG1 antibody against human PD1
Human PD-1 (pembrolizumab) antibody - Human IgG1
Anti-hPD1-Pem-hIgG1 features the constant region of the human IgG1 isotype and the variable region of pembrolizumab. Pembrolizumab is a humanized IgG4 monoclonal antibody that contains an engineered hinge region mutation (S228P) designed to prevent exchange of IgG4 molecules.
This antibody targets the PD-1 receptor found on activated T cells, B cells, and myeloid cells. Under normal physiological conditions, PD-1 negatively regulates T cell activation thereby preventing autoimmunity . Under pathological conditions, cancer cells produce PD-L1 (programmed cell death 1 ligand 1), the agonist that binds and activates PD-1. Activated PD-1 enables the cancer cells to evade the immune system. Pembrolizumab binds and blocks the activation of the PD-1 receptor, thereby resulting in the activation of T cells . Pembrolizumab has been approved by the FDA for the treatment of metastatic malignant melanoma, and is currently under regulatory review in the EU .
Human IgG1 is the most abundant immunoglobin present in serum and binds with high affinity to the Fc receptor on phagocytic cells. The human IgG1 isotype displays high antibody-dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity (ADCC) and complement-dependent cytotoxicity (CDC).
Anti-hPD1-Pem-hIgG1 was generated by recombinant DNA technology. It has been produced in CHO cells and purified by affinity chromatography.
1. McDermott D. & Atkins M. 2013. PD-1 as a potential target in cancer therapy. Cancer Med. 2(5): 662–673.
2. Tumeh PC. et al., 2014. PD-1 blockade induces responses by inhibiting adaptive immune resistance. Nature. 515(7528):568-71.
3. Poole RM., 2014. Pembrolizumab: first global approval. Drugs. 4(16):1973-81.
Specificity: Targets cells expressing human PD-1
Clonality: Monoclonal antibody
Isotype: Human IgG1
Source: CHO cells
Formulation: 0.2 μm filtered solution in a sodium phosphate buffer with glycine, saccharose and stabilizing agents.
Purity: Purified by affinity chromatography with protein G
Applications: Anti-hPD1-Pem-hIgG1 binds and blocks ligand activation of the PD-1 receptor found on the surface of activated T cells.
- The recognition of PD-1 with this antibody has been tested using flow cytometry.
- The absence of bacterial contamination (e.g. lipoproteins and endotoxins) has been confirmed using HEK-Blue™ TLR2 and HEK-Blue™ TLR4 cells.
Anti-hPD1-Pem-hIgG1 purified antibody is provided azide-free and lyophilized.
- 100 µg Anti-hPD1-Pem-hIgG1 purified antibody
Product is shipped at room temperature.
Store lyophilized antibody at -20 °C.
Lyophilized product is stable for at least 1 yearBack to the top