Spike Pseudotyping Vectors
InvivoGen also offers:
Original (D614) and variants of concern
InvivoGen offers a collection of plasmids specifically designed for pseudotyping lentiviral particles with the full-length SARS-CoV-2 Spike (S) protein. For optimal expression, the spike gene has been codon-optimized and the C‑terminal ER-retention signal has been removed.
Various SARS-CoV-2 variants are available:
- Original | Wuhan (Clade 19)
- G614 variant | (Clade 20)
- Alpha | B.1.1.7 variant | United Kingdom (Clade 20I)
- Beta | B.1.351 variant | South Africa (Clade 20H)
- Epsilon | B.1.429 variant | California (Clade 21C)
- Gamma | P.1 variant | Brazil (Clade 20J)
- Iota | B.1.526 variant | New York (Clade 21F)
- Kappa | B.1.617.1 variant | India (Clade 21B)
- Delta | B.1.617.2 variant | India (Clade 21B)
Pseudotyped particle production involves the co-transfection of 293T cells with a reporter protein vector (e.g. GFP), one or several plasmids encoding the necessary lentiviral proteins, and InvivoGen's pseudotyping pLV-Spike plasmids. The transfected cells produce SARS‑CoV‑2 Spike (S)‑pseudotyped lentiviral particles, which can then be purified and used to infect permissive cells, such as ACE2‑expressing HEK293-derived cells and ACE2‑TMPRSS2‑expressing A549-derived cells.