SARS-CoV-2 (2019-nCoV) proteins, as well as the virus cellular receptor ACE2 (angiotensin-converting enzyme 2) protein, are of great interest in investigating therapeutic strategies to treat and prevent Coronavirus Disease-2019 (COVID-19).
The potential applications for these proteins include:
- Vaccination studies using the antigenic viral subunit proteins. SARS-CoV-2 Spike and Nucleocapsid are highly antigenic proteins and thus, are leading targets for vaccine development.
- Screening of neutralizing antibodies in the serum of convalescent patients and subsequent refining of the protein antigen in vaccine candidates.
- Blockade of the interaction of the Spike receptor-binding domain (RBD) to ACE2 to prevent the virus entry into the target cells. This could be achieved through the delivery of the soluble ectodomain (or extracellular) portion of the ACE2 protein, of small molecules inhibitors, or of neutralizing antibodies.
Find the protein that matches your needs among:
- Spike-S1 (D614 isolate and G614-variant)
- Human ACE2
- Spike variant RBD-Lucia NEW
Depending on your applications, you may choose from:
- His-tagged proteins
- Fc-tagged proteins
- Luciferase-tagged proteins NEW
As a guarantee of quality, our proteins are validated by ELISA.
Read our reviews on COVID-19
InvivoGen’s products are for research use only, and not for clinical or veterinary use.