|Anti-hEGFR-hIgG4 (S228P)||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Price|
Human EGFR (cetuximab) antibody - Human IgG4 (S228P)
This antibody has been removed from our catalog. However, you may contact us if you wish to order minimal quantities.
Monoclonal human IgG4 (S228P) antibody against human EGFR
Anti-hEGFR-hIgG4 (S228P) features the constant region of the human IgG4 (S228P) isotype and the variable region of cetuximab. Cetuximab is a chimeric human/mouse IgG1 monoclonal antibody that targets epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), a cell surface receptor overexpressed in many types of cancer.
EGFR is activated by binding specific ligands, including epidermal growth factor and transforming growth factor-α. Activation of EGFR promotes cell proliferation and survival, as well as angiogenesis, leading to tumor growth and metastasis.
Binding of cetuximab to EGFR blocks ligand/receptor binding and induces receptor internalization and subsequent degradation. Consequently, cetuximab blocks downstream pathways which regulate cell growth and angiogenesis.
In addition, cetuximab induces cell death through antibody-dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity (ADCC) [1, 2]. Cetuximab has been approved by the FDA for the treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer and metastatic squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck .
Anti-hEGFR-hIgG4 (S228P) contains an engineered hinge region mutation (S228P) designed to prevent exchange of IgG4 molecules.
Anti-hEGFR-hIgG4 (S228P) was generated by recombinant DNA technology. It has been produced in CHO cells and purified by affinity chromatography with protein G.
1. Kurai J. et al., 2007. Antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity mediated by cetuximab against lung cancer cell lines. Clin Cancer Res. 3(5):1552-61.
2. Kimura H. et al., 2007. Antibodydependent cellular cytotoxicity of cetuximab against tumor cells with wild-type or mutant epidermal growth factor receptor. Cancer Sci. 98(8):1275-80.
3. Vincenzi B. et al., 2010. Cetuximab: from bench to bedside. Curr Cancer Drug Targets. 10(1):80-95.
Specificity: Targets cells expressing human EGFR
Clonality: Monoclonal antibody
Isotype: Human IgG4 (S228P), kappa
Source: CHO cells
Purity: Purified by affinity chromatography with protein G
- Binding of Anti-hEGFR-hIgG4 (S228P) to human EGFR has been tested using flow cytometry.
- The complete sequence of this antibody has been verified.
- The absence of bacterial contamination (e.g. lipoproteins and endotoxins) has been confirmed using HEK-Blue™ TLR2 and HEK-Blue™ TLR4 cells.
anti-hEGFR-hIgG4 (S228P) antibody is provided azide-free and lyophilized
- 100 µg purified anti-hEGFR-hIgG4 (S228P) antibody
Product is shipped at room temperatureBack to the top