|pVITRO1-neo-GFP/SEAP||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
GFP/SEAP - Neomycin resistance
|pVITRO1-hygro-GFP/SEAP||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
GFP/SEAP - Hygromycin resistance
|pVITRO1-blasti-GFP/SEAP||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
GFP/SEAP - Blasticidin resistance
Expression plasmids pVITRO1-GFP/SEAP are developed mainly for in vitro studies.
pVITRO1-GFP/SEAP allow the ubiquitous and constitutive co-expression of two reporter genes: GFP (green fluorescent protein) and SEAP (secreted embryonic alkaline phosphatase).
pVITRO1-GFP/SEAP plasmids can be stably transfected in mammalian cells and the reporter genes are expressed at high levels.
pVITRO1-GFP/SEAP plasmids carry two elongation factor 1 alpha (EF-1α) promoters, from rat and mouse origins combined to the CMV and SV40 enhancers respectively. pVITRO1-GFP/SEAP plasmids are available with different selectable markers that are active both in E. coli and mammalian cells.Back to the top
Promoters: CMV enhancer / rat EF-1α & SV40 enhancer / mouse EF-1α
Selection markers active both in E. coli and mammalian cells:
- GFP (green fluorescent protein)
- SEAP (secreted embryonic alkaline phosphatase)
- 20 µg of lyophilized DNA
- 20 µg of lyophilized DNA
- 1 ml of Hygromycin B Gold (hygromycin) at 100 mg/ml
- 20 µg of lyophilized DNA
- 2 x 1 ml blasticidin at 10 mg/ml
Product is shipped at room temperatureBack to the top
Gene Combinations in a Single Plasmid
Co-expression of two or more genes from a single vector is more efficient and convenient than using two separate vectors. pVITRO1-GFP/SEAP are multigenic plasmids that contain two distinct transcription units (TU).
Strong and Constitutive Expression of Two Transgenes
Each pVITRO1-GFP/SEAP plasmid features two constitutive promoters that drive high levels of expression from two separate TU in a large number of mammalian cell lines. Transcriptional interference is minimized by using promoters of different origins, and strong polyadenylation signals (polyA).
pVITRO1-GFP/SEAP plasmids carry two elongation factor 1 alpha (EF-1α) promoters, from rat and mouse origins combined to the CMV and SV40 enhancers respectively.
Single Selection Marker for E. coli and Mammalian Cells
pVITRO1-GFP/SEAP plasmids are available with a selectable marker that is active both in E. coli and mammalian cells: bsr (blasticidin resistance), hph (hygromycin resistance), neo (kanamycin/G418 resistance). In bacteria, the resistance gene is expressed from the E. coli EM7 promoter. In mammalian cells, it is transcribed from the promoter located 3’ of the Ori, as a polycistronic mRNA and translated through the IRES of the Foot and Mouth Disease Virus.
Two Reporter Genes
pVITRO1-GFP/SEAP express two reporter genes: GFP and SEAP
GFP (green fluorescent protein) and SEAP (secreted embryonic alkaline phosphatase) are commonly used reporter proteins.
The red-shifted variant of the jellyfish GFP gene encodes a green fluorescent protein that absorbs blue light (major peak at 480 nm) and emits green light (major peak at 505 nm).
pVITRO1-GFP/SEAP plasmids can be used as control plasmids for pVITRO1-MCS or cloning vectors. The reporter genes are flanked by unique restriction sites and can be easily replaced by open reading frames chosen from InvivoGen’s Gene A-List.Back to the top
• rEF1 and mEF1 prom: pVITRO1-GFP/LacZ plasmids carry two
elongation factor 1 alpha (EF-1α) promoters, from rat and mouse origins.
Both promoters display a strong activity that yield similar levels of expression. EF-1α promoters are expressed at high levels in all cell cycles and lower levels during G0 phase.
EF-1α promoters are also non-tissue specific; they are highly expressed in all cell types.
• SV40 enhancer which is comprised of a 72-base-pair repeat allows the enhancement of gene expression in a large host range. The enhancement varies from 2-fold in non-permissive cells to 20-fold in permissive cells. Furthermore, the SV40 enhancer is able to direct nuclear localization of plasmids.
• cMV enhancer: The major immediate early enhancer of the human cytomegalovirus (HCMV) is composed of unique and repeated sequence motifs. The HCMV enhancer can substitute for the 72-bp repeats of SV40 and is several-fold more active than the SV40 enhancer.
• SV40 pAn: The Simian Virus 40 late polyadenylation signal enables efficient cleavage and polyadenylation reactions resulting in high levels of steady-state mRNA.
• pMB1 Ori is a minimal E. coli origin of replication to limit vector size, but with the same activity as the longer Ori.
• FMDV IRES: The internal ribosome entry site of the Foot and Mouth Disease Virus enables the translation of two open reading frames from one mRNA with high levels of expression.
• EM7 is a bacterial promoter that enables the constitutive expression of the antibiotic resistance gene in E. coli.
• Antibiotic resistance gene :
- Resistance to Blasticidin S is conferred by the bsr gene from Bacillus cereus.
- hph gene confers resistance to Hygromycin B both in E. coli and mammalin cells.
- The neo gene from Tn5 confers resistance to Kanamycin in E.coli and G418 in mammalian cells.
In bacteria, the resistance gene is expressed from the constitutive E. coli EM7 promoter. In mammalian cells, the resistance gene is transcribed from the rat EF-1α promoter as a polycistronic mRNA and translated via the FMDV IRES.
• EF1 pAn is a strong polyadenylation signal.
• GFP gene: This red-shifted variant of the jellyfish GFP gene encodes a green fluorescent protein that absorbs blue light (major peak at 480 nm) and emits green light (major peak at 505 nm).Back to the top