Anti-PD-1 (Nivolumab biosimilar - IgG4 (S228P) isotype)
|Anti-hPD1-Ni-hIgG4 (S228P)||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Human PD-1 (Nivolumab) antibody - Human IgG4 (S228P)
Human IgG4 (S228P) engineered monoclonal antibody (mAb) against human PD-1
Anti-hPD1-Ni-hIgG4 (S228P) features the constant region of the human IgG4 (S228P) isotype and the variable region of nivolumab. Nivolumab is a fully human IgG4 (S228P) monoclonal antibody that targets the programmed cell death 1 (PD-1) receptor found on activated T cells, B cells, and myeloid cells.
Under normal physiological conditions, PD-1 negatively regulates T cell activation thereby preventing autoimmunity .
Under pathological conditions, cancer cells produce PD-L1 (programmed cell death 1 ligand 1), the agonist that binds and activates PD-1. Activated PD-1 enables the cancer cells to evade the immune system.
Nivolumab binds and blocks the activation of the PD-1 receptor, thereby resulting in the activation of T cells and cell-mediated immune responses [2, 3]. This antibody contains an engineered hinge region mutation (S228P) designed to prevent exchange of IgG4 molecules.
Nivolumab has been approved by the FDA for the treatment of melanoma and metastatic squamous non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
Anti-hPD1-Ni-hIgG4 (S228P) was generated by recombinant DNA technology. It has been produced in CHO cells and purified by affinity chromatography with protein G.
1. McDermott D. & Atkins M. 2013. PD-1 as a potential target in cancer therapy. Cancer Med. 2(5): 662–673.
2. Wang C. et al., 2014. In vitro characterization of the anti-PD-1 antibody nivolumab, BMS-936558, and in vivo toxicology in non-human primates..Cancer Immunol Res. 2014 Sep;2(9):846-56.
3. Gunturi A. & McDermott DF., 2015. Nivolumab for the treatment of cancer. Expert Opin Investig Drugs. 24(2):253-60.
Comparison of ADCC potency for native and engineered anti-human PD-1 antibody isotypes: Raji-hPD-1 cells were incubated with gradient concentrations of Anti-hPD-1 or Anti-β-galactosidase (β-gal) mAbs for 1 hour. Jurkat-Lucia™ NFAT-CD16 effector cells were then co-incubated with targets cells for 6 hours. NFAT activation, reflecting the induced ADCC response, was assessed by determining Lucia luciferase activity in the supernatant using QUANTI-Luc™. Percentages of the maximal response normalized to the IgG1 isotype are shown.
Specificity: Targets cells expressing human PD-1
Clonality: Monoclonal antibody
Isotype: Human IgG4 (S228P), kappa
Source: CHO cells
Purity: Purified by affinity chromatography with protein G
- Binding of Anti-hPD1-Ni-hIgG4 (S228P) to human PD-1 has been tested using flow cytometry.
- The complete sequence of this antibody has been verified.
- The absence of bacterial contamination (e.g. lipoproteins and endotoxins) has been confirmed using HEK-Blue™ TLR2 and HEK-Blue™ TLR4 cells.
Anti-hPD1-Ni-hIgG4 (S228P) antibody is provided azide-free and lyophilized.
- 100 µg purified anti-hPD1-Ni-hIgG4 (S228P) antibody
Product is shipped at room temperature.
Store lyophilized antibody at -20 °C.
Lyophilized product is stable for at least 1 yearBack to the top