|293XL/hTLR8||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Price|
293XL cell line expressing the human TLR8a gene
3-7 x 10e6 cells
HEK293 clones expressing TLR8
293XL/TLR8 cells were obtained by stable transfection of HEK293XL cells with a pUNO-TLR8 plasmid which expresses the human TLR8 gene.
The control cell line of 293XL/TLR8 cells is 293XL/null cells.
293/TLR, NOD and control clones were transfected transiently with pNiFty-SEAP and stimulated with TLR and NOD ligands. After 16 hour stimulation, NF-κB-induced SEAP activity was assessed using QUANTI-Blue™, a SEAP detection medium.
Antibiotic resistance: blasticidin
Growth medium: DMEM, 4.5 g/l glucose, 2-4 mM L-glutamine, 10% (v/v) fetal bovine serum, 50 U/ml penicillin, 50 μg/ml streptomycin, 100 μg/ml Normocin™
These products are covered by a Limited Use License (See Terms and Conditions).Back to the top
- 1 vial containing 3-7 x 106 cells
- 100 μl Blasticidin (10 mg/ml)
- 1 ml Normocin™ (50 mg/ml)
Shipped on dry ice (Europe, USA, Canada and some areas in Asia)Back to the top
TLR8 was identified together with TLR7 and TLR9 and is expressed more abundantly in PBL and lung . Human TLR8 and TLR7 were reported to independently confer responsiveness to R848, an imidazoquinolone with antiviral activity. R848 induces the activation of NF-κB in HEK293 cells transfected with human TLR8 but not in HEK293 cells expressing murine TLR8, suggesting a species specificity . Recently, single-stranded RNA (ssRNA) was identified as the natural ligand of human TLR83. GU-rich ssRNA oligonucleotides derived from HIV-1 were shown to activate DC and macrophages. TLR8 recognizes ssRNA in the endosomal compartment and leads to the secretion of cytokines .
1. Chuang TH. and RJ. Ulevitch, 2000. Cloning and characterization of a sub-family of human toll-like receptors: hTLR7, hTLR8 and hTLR9. Eur Cytokine Netw, 11(3):372-8
2. Jurk M. et al., 2002. Human TLR7 or TLR8 independently confer responsiveness to the antiviral compound R-848. Nat Immunol, 3(6):499
3. Heil F. et al., 2004. Species-specific recognition of single-stranded RNA via toll-like receptor 7 and 8. Science. 303(5663):1526-9.