Multigenic cloning plasmid for strong and sustained expression in tumors
Multigenic cloning plasmid for strong and sustained expression in normal tissues
Dual expression plasmids for in vivo experiments - two MCS
pVIVO-MCS plasmids are specifically designed for in vivo experiments. they allow for strong and sustained co-expression of two genes of interest.
They contain two separate transcription units (TU), each consisting of a strong promoter and an efficient polyadenylation signal.
pVIVO-MCS plasmids contain two multiple cloning sites (MCS) for the convenient cloning of cDNAs.
pVIVO-MCS plasmids carry the hygromycin resistance gene for selection and amplification in E. coli. pVIVO-MCS plasmids do not contain a selectable marker for mammalian cells.Back to the top
|SV40/hGRP94 & CMV/haGRP78
|5’- Age I, Bsp HI, Xba I, Hind III, Bst 1107I, Avr II -3’
|5’- Ngo MI, Nco I, Bgl II, Eco RI, Nhe I-3’
|5’- Bsp HI, Xba I, Bsr GI, Bst 1107I, Avr II -3’
|5’- Nco I, Bam HI, Eco RI, Eco RV, Nhe I-3’
Selection marker: hygromycin resistance gene for selection and amplification in E. coli. pVIVO plasmids do not contain a selectable marker for mammalian cells.
- 20 µg of lyophilized DNA
- 1 ml of Hygromycin B Gold (hygromycin) at 100 mg/ml
Product is shipped at room temperatureBack to the top
Concomitant Expression of Two Genes of Interest
pVIVO-MCS plasmids contain two separate transcription units (TU), each consisting of a strong promoter and an efficient polyadenylation signal. Both promoters in each pVIVO-MCS plasmid were chosen for their ability to work simultaneously, eliminating the potential risk of transcriptional interferences between the two TUs.
• pVIVO1-MCS plasmids contain two glucose regulated protein (GRP) promoters coupled with either the SV40 or CMV enhancer. The human GRP94 and hamster GRP78 promoters drive weak levels of expression in normal conditions and are induced in stress conditions prevailing inside tumors, such as glucose deprivation and hypoxia.
• pVIVO2-MCS plasmids contain two human ferritin composite promoters, FerH (heavy chain) and FerL (light chain), combined to the SV40 and CMV enhancers respectively. To eliminate the iron regulation, their 5’UTRs have been replaced by the 5’UTR of the mouse and chimpanzee EF-1α genes. The resulting SV40/hFerH/mEF1α and CMV/hFerL/chEF1α promoters confer high constitutive levels of transgene expression.
pVIVO-MCS plasmids carry the hygromycin resistance gene for selection and amplification in E. coli. pVIVO-MCS plasmids do not contain a selectable marker for mammalian cells.
Sustained Expression of the Transgenes
Both promoters in pVIVO-MCS plasmids are of mammalian origin and can yield longer lasting expression of the transgenes in vivo compared to viral promoters. Indeed, viral DNA sequences are recognized by the host immune system leading to their inactivation usually through methylation.
To further increase the duration of expression, immunostimulatory sequences known as CpG motifs, which are present in high numbers in bacterial DNA, were removed from the plasmid backbone. These specific motifs, found in E. coli hygromycin resistance (hph) were eliminated by chemically synthesizing a new allele of this gene without altering the protein sequence.
Available with Two MCS
pVIVO-MCS plasmids contain two multiple cloning sites (MCS) for the convenient cloning of cDNAs.Open reading frames could be chosen from InvivoGen’s Gene A-List.
pVIVO plasmids are also available with two reporter genes: GFP and LacZ, GFP and SEAP or Lucia secreted luciferase and SEAP. These plasmids can be used as control plasmids or cloning vectors.Back to the top
• haGRP78 and hGRP94 prom: The hamster GRP78 and human
GRP94 promoters drive weak levels of expression in normal conditions and are induced in stress conditions prevailing inside tumors, such as glucose deprivation and hypoxia. Within the tumor micro-environment, the GRP promoters yield persistent expression whereas the activity of viral promoters declines rapidly.
• hFerH and hFerL composite promoters: Ferritin is a 24 subunit protein composed of two subunit types, termed H (heavy) and L (light). Ferritin is ubiquitously expressed. To eliminate the iron regulation of the ferritin promoters, the 5’UTR of FerH and FerL have been replaced by the 5’UTR of the mouse and chimpanzee elongation factor 1 (EF1) genes, respectively.
• SV40 enhancer which is comprised of a 72-base-pair repeat allows the enhancement of gene expression in a large host range. The enhancement varies from 2-fold in non-permissive cells to 20-fold in permissive cells. Furthermore, the SV40 enhancer is able to direct nuclear localization of plasmids.
• CMV enhancer: The major immediate early enhancer of the human cytomegalovirus (HCMV), is composed of unique and repeated sequence motifs. The HCMV enhancer can substitute for the 72-bp repeats of SV40 and is severalfold more active than the SV40 enhancer.
• SV40 pAn: the Simian Virus 40 late polyadenylation signal enables efficient cleavage and polyadenylation reactions resulting in high levels of steady-state mRNA.
• pMB1 ori: a minimal E. coli origin of replication to limit vector size, but with the same activity as the longer Ori.
• EM7 is a bacterial promoter that enables the constitutive expression of the antibiotic resistance gene in E. coli.
• Hygro-ΔCpG is a new allele of the hph gene conferring resistance to hygromycin B. In order to reduce the immunogenicity of this bacterial gene all CpG motifs have been removed by chemically synthesizing the gene. The Hygro-ΔCpG gene allows the selection of E. coli clones transformed with a pVIVO plasmid.
Note: Stable transfection of mammalian clones cannot be performed due to the absence of a eukaryotic promoter upstream of the Hygro-ΔCpG gene.
• Term: The E. coli rps O terminator allows efficient transcription termination of the Hygro-ΔCpG gene.
• EF1 pAn is a strong polyadenylation signal.
• MCS: Each multiple cloning site contains several restriction sites that are compatible with many other enzymes, thus facilitating cloning:
pVIVO1: - MCS1 contains the following restriction sites: Age I, Bsp HI, Xba I, Hind III, Bst 1107I, and Avr II.
- MCS2 contains the following restriction sites: NgoM I, Nco I, Bgl II, EcoR I, and Nhe I
pVIVO2: - MCS1 contains the following restriction sites: Bsp HI, Xba I, BsrG I, Bst 1107I, and Avr II.
- MCS2 contains the following restriction sites: Nco I, BamH I, EcoR I, EcoR V, and Nhe I