|Pam2CSK4||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Synthetic diacylated lipopeptide - TLR2/6
Synthetic diacylated lipopeptide
Pam2CSK4 is a synthetic diacylated lipopeptide (LP). According to the current model, diacylated LPs induce signaling through TLR2/6.
However, it was also reported that Pam2CSK4 induces signaling in a TLR6-independent manner.
This finding suggests that both the lipid and peptide part of lipoproteins take part in the specificity of recognition by TLR2 heterodimers.
Pam2CSK4 is a synthetic diacylated lipopeptide (LP). Bacterial lipoproteins are strong immune modulators that activate early innate host responses after infection.
LP analogues of these lipoproteins signal either through TLR2/1 or TLR2/6 heterodimers. According to the current model, triacylated LP like Pam3CSK4, are recognized by TLR2/1, whereas diacylated LP, such as FSL-1, induce signaling through TLR2/6.
However, it was reported that diacylated LP, such as Pam2CSK4, induce signaling in a TLR6-independent manner . This finding suggests that both the lipid and peptide part of lipoproteins take part in the specificity of recognition by TLR2 heterodimers.
When combined with a TLR9 agonist, Pam2CSK4 was found to promote resistance against bacterial pneumonia via a TLR2-MyD88-dependent pathway . It has also been demonstrated that Pam2CSK4 promotes IL-1β maturation and release from macrophages through an NLRP7-containing inflammasome .
1. Buwitt-Beckmann U. et al., 2005. Toll-like receptor 6-independent signaling by diacylated lipopeptides. Eur J Immunol. 35(1):282-9.
2. Duggan J. et al., 2011. Synergistic interactions of TLR2/6 and TLR9 induce a high level of resistance to lung
infection in mice. J Immunol. 186:5916-26.
3. Khare S et al., 2012. An NLRP7-containing inflammasome mediates recognition of microbial lipopeptides in human macrophages. Immunity 36(3):464-76.
Specificity: TLR2(6) agonist
Working concentration: 1 - 100 ng/ml
CAS number: 868247-72-7
Molecular formula: C65H126N10O12S, 3TFA
Molecular weight: 1271.85
Solubility: 1 mg/ml in water
- TLR2 activity is tested using HEK-Blue™ TLR2 cells.
- The absence of endotoxins is controlled using HEK-Blue™ TLR4 cells.
Pam2CSK4 is provided as a lyophilized powder.
- 1 mg Pam2CSK4
- 1.5 ml endotoxin-free water
Pam2CSK4 is shipped at room temperature.
Store at 4°C.Back to the top
Back to the top