|Anti-HER2-Tra-hIgG1||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
HER2 (trastuzumab) antibody - Human IgG1
Monoclonal human IgG1 antibody against HER2
Anti-HER2-Tra-hIgG1 features the constant region of the human IgG1 isotype and the variable region of trastuzumab. Trastuzumab is a humanized IgG1 monoclonal antibody that targets the HER2 receptor (also known as HER2/neu) that is found on the cell membrane of epithelial cells. HER2 plays an important role in normal cell growth and differentiation . However, in certain types of cancers, particularly in breast and ovarian cancers, HER2 is over-expressed and causes uncontrollable cell proliferation. Binding of trastuzumab to HER2 results in cell death through different mechanisms including antibody-dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity and phagocytosis [2, 3]. Trastuzumab has been approved by the FDA for the treatment of breast cancer.
Anti-HER2-Tra-hIgG1 was generated by recombinant DNA technology. It has been produced in CHO cells and purified by affinity chromatography with protein G.
1. Rubin I. & Yarden Y. 2001. The basic biology of HER2. Ann Oncol.12 Suppl 1:S3-8.
2. Collins DM. et al., 2012. Trastuzumab induces antibody-dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity (ADCC) in HER-2-non-amplified breast cancer cell lines. Ann Oncol. 23(7):1788-95.
3. Petricevic B. et al., 2013. Trastuzumab mediates antibody-dependent cell- mediated cytotoxicity and phagocytosis to the same extent in both adjuvant and metastatic HER2/neu breast cancer patients. J Transl Med. 11:307.
Specificity: Targets cells expressing HER2
Clonality: Monoclonal antibody
Isotype: Human IgG1
Source: CHO cells
Purity: Purified by affinity chromatography with protein G
- Binding of Anti-HER2-Tra-hIgG1 to HER2 has been tested using flow cytometry.
- The complete sequence of this antibody has been verified.
- The absence of bacterial contamination (e.g. lipoproteins and endotoxins) has been confirmed using HEK-Blue™ TLR2 and HEK-Blue™ TLR4 cells.
anti-HER2-Tra-hIgG1 antibod is provided azide-free and lyophilized.
- 100 µg purified anti-HER2-Tra-hIgG1 antibody
Product is shipped at room temperatureBack to the top