|Anti-hEGFR-hIgA2||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Price|
Human EGFR (cetuximab) antibody - Human IgA2
Monoclonal human IgA2 antibody against human EGFR
Anti-hEGFR-hIgA2 features the constant region of the human IgA2 isotype and the variable region of cetuximab. Cetuximab is a chimeric human/mouse IgG1 monoclonal antibody that targets epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), a cell surface receptor overexpressed in many types of cancer. EGFR is activated by binding specific ligands, including epidermal growth factor and transforming growth factor-α. Activation of EGFR promotes cell proliferation and survival, as well as angiogenesis, leading to tumor growth and metastasis. Binding of cetuximab to EGFR blocks ligand/receptor binding and induces receptor internalization and subsequent degradation. Consequently, cetuximab blocks downstream pathways which regulate cell growth and angiogenesis. In addition, cetuximab induces cell death through antibody-dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity (ADCC) [1, 2]. Cetuximab has been approved by the FDA for the treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer and metastatic squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck .
Anti-hEGFR-hIgA2 was generated by recombinant DNA technology. It has been produced in CHO cells and purified by affinity chromatography with peptide M.
1. Kurai J. et al., 2007. Antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity mediated by cetuximab against lung cancer cell lines. Clin Cancer Res. 3(5):1552-61.
2. Kimura H. et al., 2007. Antibodydependent cellular cytotoxicity of cetuximab against tumor cells with wild-type or mutant epidermal growth factor receptor. Cancer Sci. 98(8):1275-80.
3. Vincenzi B. et al., 2010. Cetuximab: from bench to bedside. Curr Cancer Drug Targets. 10(1):80-95.
Specificity: Targets cells expressing human EGFR
Clonality: Monoclonal antibody
Isotype: Human IgA2, kappa
Source: CHO cells
Purity: Purified by affinity chromatography with peptide M
- Binding of Anti-hEGFR-hIgA2 to human EGFR has been tested using flow cytometry.
- The complete sequence of this antibody has been verified.
- The absence of bacterial contamination (e.g. lipoproteins and endotoxins) has been confirmed using HEK-Blue™ TLR2 and HEK-Blue™ TLR4 cells.
anti-hEGFR-hIgA2 antibody is provided azide-free and lyophilized.
- 100 µg purified anti-hEGFR-hIgA2 antibody
Product is shipped at room temperatureBack to the top