|Anti-hVEGF-hIgA2||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Price|
Human VEGF (bevacizumab) antibody - Human IgA2
This antibody has been removed from our catalog. However, you may contact us if you wish to order minimal quantities.
Monoclonal human IgA2 antibody against human VEGF
Anti-hVEGF-hIgA2 features the constant region of the human IgA2 isotype and the variable region of bevacizumab. Bevacizumab is a humanized IgG1 monoclonal antibody that targets VEGF, a signaling protein that promotes the growth of new blood vessels. In many cancers VEGF is overexpressed, thereby promoting tumor growth and angiogenesis. The overexpression of VEGF can also lead to vascular disease, particularly in the retina . Bevacizumab neutralizes VEGF and blocks its signal transduction through the VEGF receptors [2, 3]. Consequently, bevacizumab blocks downstream pathways which regulate cell growth and angiogenesis. Bevacizumab displays no antibody-dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity (ADCC) . Bevacizumab has been approved by the FDA for the treatment of certains types of brain, colorectal, lung, kidney, and ovarian cancers.
IgA2 is found predominantly in secretory lymphoid tissues, where it plays a critical role in mucosal immunity. IgA2 is highly resistant to enzymatic degradation by bacterial proteases, due to a short hinge region. IgA2 displays no complement dependent cytotoxicity (CDC) and low ADCC.
Anti-hVEGF-hIgA2 was generated by recombinant DNA technology. It has been produced in CHO cells and purified by affinity chromatography with peptide M.
1. Ablonczy Z. et al., 2014. Progressive dysfunction of the retinal pigment epithelium and retina due to increased VEGF-A levels. FASEB J. 28:2369-79.
2. Papadopoulos N. et al., 2012. Binding and neutralization of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and related ligands by VEGF Trap, ranibizumab and bevacizumab. Angiogenesis. 15(2):171-85.
3. Ferrara N. et al., 2004. Discovery and development of bevacizumab, an anti-VEGF antibody for treating cancer. Nat Rev Drug Discov. 3(5):391-400.
4. Damiano V. et al., 2007. TLR9 agonist acts by different mechanisms synergizing with bevacizumab in sensitive and cetuximab-resistant colon cancer xenografts. PNAS. 104(30):12468-73.
Specificity: Targets cells expressing human VEGF
Clonality: Monoclonal antibody
Isotype: Human IgA2, kappa
Source: CHO cells
Purity: Purified by affinity chromatography with peptide M
- Binding of Anti-hVEGF-hIgA2 to human VEGF has been tested by ELISA.
- The complete sequence of this antibody has been verified.
- The absence of bacterial contamination (e.g. lipoproteins and endotoxins) has been confirmed using HEK-Blue™ TLR2 and HEK-Blue™ TLR4 cells.
- 100 µg purified anti-hVEGF-hIgA2 antibody, provided azide-free and lyophilized
Product is shipped at room temperature.
Store lyophilized antibody at -20 °C.
Lyophilized product is stable for at least 1 yearBack to the top