|Ac-YVAD-cmk||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Ac-YVAD-cmk is a cell-permeable, selective and irreversible inhibitor of the cysteine protease caspase-1, also known as ICE (Interleukin-1-Converting Enzyme), with some activity against caspase-4 and caspase-5 . Caspases-1, -4 and -5 belong to a family of inflammatory caspases (the group I caspases) that are crucial for regulating cell death and inflammation.
Ac-YVAD-cmk is a chloromethyl ketone tetrapeptide based on the target sequence in proIL-1β (YVHD) .
As an inhibitor of caspase-1 activity, Ac-YVAD-cmk has been shown to effectively block apoptosis in a plethora of experimental paradigms, such as growth factor withdrawal, excitotoxicity, axotomy, cerebral ischemia and brain trauma .
Furthermore, Ac-YVAD‑cmk was reported to block inflammasome activation, and hence to display anti‑inflammatory, anti‑apoptotic and anti‑pyroptotic effects [4,5].
1. Garcia-Calvo M. et al., 1998. Inhibition of human caspases by peptide-based and macromolecular inhibitors. J Biol Chem. 273(49):32608-13.
2. Rano TA. et al., 1997. A combinatorial approach for determining protease specificities: application to interleukin-1beta converting enzyme (ICE). Chem Biol. 4(2):149-55.
3. Schierle GS. et al., 1999. Caspase inhibition reduces apoptosis and increases survival of nigral transplants. Nat Med. 5(1):97-100.
4. Van Opdenbosch N. et al., 2014. Activation of the NLRP1b inflammasome independently of ASC-mediated caspase-1 autoproteolysis and speck formation. Nat Commun. 5:3209.
5. Zhang Y. et al, 2014. Involvement of inflammasome activation in lipopolysaccharide-induced mice depressive-like behaviors. CNS Neurosci Ther. 20(2):119-24.
CAS number: 178603-78-6
Working concentration: 0.1–30 μg/ml for cell culture assays
Solubility: 50 mg/ml (92.4 mM) in DMSO
Molecular weight: 541Back to the top
Ac-YVAD-cmk is provided as a powder.
- 5 mg Ac-YVAD-cmk
Ac-YVAD-cmk is shipped at room temperature.
Store at -20 °C.
Ac-YVAD-cmk powder is stable for 2 years when properly stored.Back to the top
Chemical structure of Ac-YVAD-cmk:
Back to the top