|Ruxolitinib||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
JAK1 and JAK2 Inhibitor
JAK1 & JAK2 inhibitor
Ruxolitinib (also known as INCB018424) is a potent, reversible, and selective Janus Kinase (JAK) 1 & JAK2 inhibitor . JAKs are constitutively bound to cytokine receptors (e.g. Type I IFNs, IL-6, etc.) and upon binding of the ligand to the receptor, JAKs phosphorylate downstream targets such as STAT3/5, Akt, and ERK. Ultimately, this induces the production of cytokines and chemokines, including interferon-stimulated genes (ISGs). JAK-STAT signaling is crucial for the regulation and homeostasis of hematopoiesis and immunity . Historically, Ruxolitinib was developed to as potential therapeutic for a family of blood cancers termed myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPNs), which are characterized by the aberrant activation of the JAK–STAT pathway due to a mutation (V617F) in JAK2 [1,3].
Ruxolitinib competes with ATP for binding to the catalytic site in the kinase domain, and thus inhibits not only the mutated JAK2 but wild-type JAK1-2 signaling pathways. Inhibition of the JAK-STAT signaling pathway by Ruxolitinib results in a dramatic decrease in levels of inflammatory cytokines, such as IL-6 and TNF-α. It is this attenuation of the inflammatory response that the clinical efficiency of Ruxolitinib is attributed .
Currently, Ruxolitinib is approved for the treatment of the MPNs, myelofibrosis and polycythemia vera . Recently, pre-clinical data suggest that Ruxolitinib shows potential in the treatment of inflammatory conditions such as acute graft vs host disease (GvHD) . Additionally, synergy has been reported between Ruxolitinib and the chemotherapy drug, dexamethasone, in the treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) in both in vitro and in vivo pre-clinical models . Currently, both novel uses of Ruxolitinib are being tested in early phase clinical trials.
Ruxolitinib provided by InvivoGen is for research use only.
Key features of Ruxolitinib:
- Specific and potent JAK1 & JAK2 inhibitor
- Inhibitory function validated in cellular assays
- Highly pure (> 95%) and absence of any bacterial contamination has been confirmed
COVID-19 related research
Activation of the JAK/STAT pathway by type I IFNs amplifies their action through the production of a plethora of IFN-stimulated genes. However, in the case of COVID-19, it can lead to hyperinflammation and ultimately, to a cytokine storm. JAK/STAT Inhibitors, such as Ruxolitinib, are currently under investigation to treat the COVID-19 associated cytokine storm.
1. Quintas-Cardama, A. et al. 2010. Preclinical characterization of the selective JAK1/2 inhibitor INCB018424: therapeutic implications for the treatment of myeloproliferative neoplasms. Blood 115, 3109-3117.
2. Ajayi, S. et al. 2018. Ruxolitinib. Recent Results Cancer Res 212, 119-132.
3. Mascarenhas, J. & Hoffman, R. 2012. Ruxolitinib: the first FDA approved therapy for the treatment of myelofibrosis. Clin Cancer Res 18, 3008-3014.
4. Zeiser, R. et al. 2020. Ruxolitinib for Glucocorticoid-Refractory Acute Graft-versus-Host Disease. N Engl J Med 382, 1800-1810.
5. Verbeke, D. et al. 2019. Ruxolitinib Synergizes With Dexamethasone for the Treatment of T-cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Hemasphere 3, e310.
Effect of Ruxolitinib on HEK-Blue™ IFN-α/β cell response to type I and type III IFNs: HEK‑Blue™ IFN-α/β cells were incubated with 3 U/ml hIFN-α2b (grey), 1 U/ml hIFN-β1 (purple) or 10 ng/ml hIL-29 (hIFN-λ1) (red) and increasing concentrations of Ruxolitinib. After 24h incubation, IFN-induced ISG activation was assessed by measuring SEAP levels in the supernatant using QUANTI‑Blue™. Percentages of maximal response (no inhibitor) for each cytokine are shown.
Synonym: Ruxolitinib phosphate, INCB018424
CAS number: 1092939-17-7
Formula: C17H18N6, H3O4P
Molecular weight: 404.36
Solubility: 10 mg/ml in DMSO
- Purity ≥97% (UHPLC)
- Inhibitory activity validated in cellular assays
- The absence of bacterial contamination (e.g. lipoproteins and endotoxins) is confirmed using HEK-Blue™ TLR2 and HEK-Blue™ TLR4 cells.
Ruxolitinib is provided as a translucent film
- 5 mg Ruxolitinib
Ruxolitinib is shipped at room temperature.
Store at -20 °C.
Solid product is stable 2 years when properly stored.Back to the top
Chemical structure of Ruxolitinib
Back to the top