p38/RK MAP Kinase Inhibitor
SB203580 is a pyridinyl imidazole inhibitor widely used to elucidate the roles of p38 mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase .
SB203580 inhibits also the phosphorylation and activation of protein kinase B (PKB, also known as Akt) . Both kinases are involved in a wide array of signaling pathways, including the TLR signaling pathway .
Moreover, several studies suggest that p38 MAPKs regulate distinct phases of autophagy. p38 can elicit autophagy via Beclin1. Contrarily, p38α has also been reported to inhibit autophagy by interfering with the trafficking of Atg9.
Working concentration: 1-20 μM
Purity: >99% (HPLC, TLC)
Solubility: DMSO (50 mg/ml)
Synonym: 4-(4’-Fluorophenyl)-2-(4’-methylsulfinylphenyl)-5- (4’-pyridyl)-imidazole
Molecular weight: 377.44
• 5 mg
1. Cuenda A. et al., 1995. SB 203580 is a specific inhibitor of a MAP kinase homologue which is stimulated by cellular stresses and interleukin-1. FEBS Lett. 364:229-233.
2. Lali FV. et al., 2000. The pyridinyl imidazole inhibitor SB203580 blocks phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase activity, protein kinase B phosphorylation, and retinoblastoma hyperphosphorylation in interleukin-2-stimulated T cells independently of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 275(10):7395-402.
3. Jarnicki AG. et al., 2008. Attenuating Regulatory T Cell Induction by TLR Agonists through Inhibition of p38 MAPK Signaling in Dendritic Cells Enhances Their Efficacy as Vaccine Adjuvants and Cancer Immunotherapeutics. J. Immunol., 180: 3797 - 3806.
Recent articles using InvivoGen SB203580
- 2014 - Int Immunol. , 26(11):637-46
Cathelicidin rCRAMP stimulates rat mast cells to generate cysteinyl leukotrienes, synthesize TNF and migrate: involvement of PLC/A2, PI3K and MAPK signaling pathways.
Bąbolewska E, Pietrzak A, Brzezińska-Błaszczyk E.
- 2013 - J Exp Med., 210(10):2071-86
A Toxoplasma dense granule protein, GRA24, modulates the early immune response to infection by promoting a direct and sustained host p38 MAPK activation
Braun L, Brenier-Pinchart MP, Yogavel M, Curt-Varesano A, Curt-Bertini RL, Hussain T, Kieffer-Jaquinod S, Coute Y, Pelloux H, Tardieux I, Sharma A, Belrhali H, Bougdour A, Hakimi MA.
- 2013 - PLoS One., 8(8):e70937
Inhibition of the differentiation of monocyte-derived dendritic cells by human gingival fibroblasts.
Séguier S, Tartour E, Guérin C, Couty L, Lemitre M, Lallement L, Folliguet M, El Naderi S, Terme M, Badoual C, Lafont A, Coulomb B
- 2013 - J Biol Chem., 288(7):4878-90
Inhibitor of apoptosis proteins (IAPs) and their antagonists regulate spontaneous and tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-induced proinflammatory cytokine and chemokine production.
Kearney CJ, Sheridan C, Cullen SP, Tynan GA, Logue SE, Afonina IS, Vucic D, Lavelle EC, Martin SJ
- 2013 - PLoS One, 8(5):e63039
Direct activation of human dendritic cells by particle-bound but not soluble MHC class II ligand.
Baleeiro RB, Wiesmller KH, Dähne L, Lademann J, Barbuto JA, Walden P