p38 MAP Kinase Inhibitor
SB203580 is a pyridinyl imidazole inhibitor widely used to elucidate the roles of p38 mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase .
SB203580 inhibits also the phosphorylation and activation of protein kinase B (PKB, also known as Akt) . Both kinases are involved in a wide array of signaling pathways, including the TLR signaling pathway .
Moreover, several studies suggest that p38 MAPKs regulate distinct phases of autophagy. p38 can elicit autophagy via Beclin1. Contrarily, p38α has also been reported to inhibit autophagy by interfering with the trafficking of Atg9.
Working concentration: 1-10 μM
Purity: ≥98% (UHPLC)
Solubility: DMSO (50 mg/ml)
Synonym: 4-(4’-Fluorophenyl)-2-(4’-methylsulfinylphenyl)-5- (4’-pyridyl)-imidazole
Molecular weight: 377.44
• 5 mg
1. Cuenda A. et al., 1995. SB 203580 is a specific inhibitor of a MAP kinase homologue which is stimulated by cellular stresses and interleukin-1. FEBS Lett. 364:229-233.
2. Lali FV. et al., 2000. The pyridinyl imidazole inhibitor SB203580 blocks phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase activity, protein kinase B phosphorylation, and retinoblastoma hyperphosphorylation in interleukin-2-stimulated T cells independently of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 275(10):7395-402.
3. Jarnicki AG. et al., 2008. Attenuating Regulatory T Cell Induction by TLR Agonists through Inhibition of p38 MAPK Signaling in Dendritic Cells Enhances Their Efficacy as Vaccine Adjuvants and Cancer Immunotherapeutics. J. Immunol., 180: 3797 - 3806.
Recent articles using InvivoGen SB203580
- 2016 - Nat Commun., 7:12436.
miR-625-3p regulates oxaliplatin resistance by targeting MAP2K6-p38 signalling in human colorectal adenocarcinoma cells.
Rasmussen MH. et al.
- 2016 - Cell Signal., S0898-6568(16)30110-3.
MEK2 controls the activation of MKK3/MKK6-p38 axis involved in the MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cell survival: Correlation with cyclin D1 expression.
Huth HW. et al.
- 2016 - Adv Exp Med Biol., 924:127-131.
Multiple Ways of cfDNA Reception and Following ROS Production in Endothelial Cells.
Alekseeva AY. et al.
- 2016 - J Virol., 90(21):9743-9757.
The Antiviral Alkaloid Berberine Reduces Chikungunya Virus-Induced Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase Signaling
Varghese FS. et al.
- 2014 - Int Immunol. , 26(11):637-46
Cathelicidin rCRAMP stimulates rat mast cells to generate cysteinyl leukotrienes, synthesize TNF and migrate: involvement of PLC/A2, PI3K and MAPK signaling pathways.
Bąbolewska E, Pietrzak A, Brzezińska-Błaszczyk E.