p38/RK MAP Kinase Inhibitor
SB203580 is a pyridinyl imidazole inhibitor widely used to elucidate the roles of p38 mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase .
SB203580 inhibits also the phosphorylation and activation of protein kinase B (PKB, also known as Akt) . Both kinases are involved in a wide array of signaling pathways, including the TLR signaling pathway .
Moreover, several studies suggest that p38 MAPKs regulate distinct phases of autophagy. p38 can elicit autophagy via Beclin1. Contrarily, p38α has also been reported to inhibit autophagy by interfering with the trafficking of Atg9.
Working concentration: 1-20 μM
Purity: >99% (HPLC, TLC)
Solubility: DMSO (50 mg/ml)
Synonym: 4-(4’-Fluorophenyl)-2-(4’-methylsulfinylphenyl)-5- (4’-pyridyl)-imidazole
Molecular weight: 377.44
• 5 mg
1. Cuenda A. et al., 1995. SB 203580 is a specific inhibitor of a MAP kinase homologue which is stimulated by cellular stresses and interleukin-1. FEBS Lett. 364:229-233.
2. Lali FV. et al., 2000. The pyridinyl imidazole inhibitor SB203580 blocks phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase activity, protein kinase B phosphorylation, and retinoblastoma hyperphosphorylation in interleukin-2-stimulated T cells independently of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 275(10):7395-402.
3. Jarnicki AG. et al., 2008. Attenuating Regulatory T Cell Induction by TLR Agonists through Inhibition of p38 MAPK Signaling in Dendritic Cells Enhances Their Efficacy as Vaccine Adjuvants and Cancer Immunotherapeutics. J. Immunol., 180: 3797 - 3806.
Recent articles using InvivoGen SB203580
- 2012 - J. Immunol., 188(3):992-1001
TLR2 activation enhances HIV nuclear import and infection through T cell activation-independent and -dependent pathways.
Ding J, Chang TL
- 2009 - J. Immunol., 183(3):1892-1899
Genetically detoxified pertussis toxin induces Th1/Th17 immune response through MAPKs and IL-10-dependent mechanisms.
Nasso M, Fedele G, Spensieri F, Palazzo R, Costantino P, Rappuoli R, Ausiello CM
- 2013 - J Biol Chem., 288(7):4878-90
Inhibitor of apoptosis proteins (IAPs) and their antagonists regulate spontaneous and tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-induced proinflammatory cytokine and chemokine production.
Kearney CJ, Sheridan C, Cullen SP, Tynan GA, Logue SE, Afonina IS, Vucic D, Lavelle EC, Martin SJ
- 2012 - Immunol Lett., 146(1-2):70-3
Involvement of the MAPK and RhoA/ROCK pathways in PGE2-mediated CCR7-dependent monocyte migration.
Allaire MA, Dumais N
- 2013 - PLoS One, 8(5):e63039
Direct activation of human dendritic cells by particle-bound but not soluble MHC class II ligand.
Baleeiro RB, Wiesmüller KH, Dähne L, Lademann J, Barbuto JA, Walden P