|HEK-Blue™ hTLR7 cells||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Human TLR7-expressing HEK 293 cells
3-7 x 10e6 cells
Human TLR7 / NF-κB / SEAP reporter HEK293 cells
HEK-Blue™ hTLR7 cells were derived from the human embryonic kidney HEK293 cell line to monitor the activation of human TLR7. The endosomal location of TLR7 allows it to scan for the presence of microbial RNA in the phagocytic cargo. TLR7 activation leads to NF-κB/AP1- and IRF-mediated production of type I IFNs (IFN-α/β) and pro-inflammatory cytokines .
Structural analyses have revealed that TLR7 possesses two binding sites with distinct specificities:
- Site 1 binds guanosine or synthetic base analogs, such as Imiquimod (an imidazoquinoline amine).
- Site 2 binds ssRNA with uridine (U) motifs. Both guanosine and U(U) ssRNA appear to arise from RNA-degradation .
Of note, Site 1 occupancy allows the receptor dimerization and signaling with ad hoc ligand concentration. ssRNA-binding to Site 2 is not sufficient for the formation of a signaling competent TLR dimer but it strongly enhances the binding affinity of Site 1 .
HEK-Blue™ hTLR7 cells express the human TLR7 gene and an NF-κB/AP-1-inducible SEAP (secreted embryonic alkaline phosphatase) reporter gene. SEAP levels produced upon TLR7 stimulation can be readily determined by performing the assay in HEK-Blue™ Detection, a cell culture medium that allows for real-time detection of SEAP. Alternatively, SEAP activity may be monitored using QUANTI-Blue™, a SEAP detection reagent.
The parental cell line of HEK-Blue™ hTLR7 cells is HEK-Blue™ Null1-k cells.
1. Georg P. & Sander L.E., 2019. Innate sensors that regulate vaccine responses. Curr. Op. Immunol. 59:31.
2. Zhang Z. et al., 2018. Structural analyses of Toll-like receptor 7 reveal detailed RNA sequence specificity and recognition mechanism of agonistic ligands. Cell Rep. 25:3371.
Dose-response of HEK-Blue™ hTLR7 cells to synthetic base analogs. HEK-Blue™ hTLR7 cells were cultured in HEK-Blue™ Detection medium with increasing concentrations of TLR7 agonists (CL264, Imiquimod, Gardiquimod), TLR7/8 agonists (R848, CL097, CL075), or a TLR8 agonist (TL8-506). After 24h incubation, TLR7-induced NF-κB/AP1 responses were assessed by measuring SEAP levels in the supernatant by reading the OD at 630 nm. OD fold increase over non-induced cells is shown.
Species-driven TLR7 differential responses. HEK-Blue™ hTLR7 or mTLR7 were cultured in HEK-Blue™ Detection medium with 1 μg/ml R848 (TLR7/8 agonist), 3 μg/ml Imiquimod (TLR7 agonist), 5 μg/ml ssRNA40/LyoVec™ (referred as human TLR8 agonist), or 1 μg/ml TL8-506 (TLR8 agonist, VTX-2337 analog). After 24h incubation, TLR7-induced NF-κB/AP1 responses were assessed by measuring SEAP levels in the supernatant by reading the OD at 630 nm. OD fold increase over non-induced cells is shown.
HEK-Blue™ hTLR7 cells were stimulated with various TLR and NOD agonists: Pam3CSK4 (100 ng/ml), Poly(I:C) (50 ng/ml), LPS-EB ultrapure (100 ng/ml), recombinant flagellin from S. typhimurium (10 ng/ml), CL264 (1 µg/ml), CL097 (1 µg/ml), ssRNA40/LyoVec™ (5 µg/ml), ODN 2006 (10 µg/ml), C12-iE-DAP (100 ng/ml), L18-MDP (100 ng/ml), and TNF-α (100 ng/ml). After 18h incubation (24h incubation for CL264, C12-iE-DAP and L18-MDP ligands), NF-κB-induced SEAP activity was assessed using QUANTI-Blue™ and reading the OD at 655 nm.
Growth medium: DMEM, 4.5 g/l glucose, 2 mM L-glutamine, 10% (v/v) fetal bovine serum, 100 U/ml penicillin, 100 μg/ml streptomycin, 100 μg/ml Normocin™
- The expression of the human TLR7 gene has been confirmed by RT-PCR.
- The activation of NF-κB/AP1 upon TLR7 stimulation has been verified using functional assays.
- The stability for 20 passages, following thawing, has been verified.
- These cells are guaranteed mycoplasma-free.
Note: HEK293 cells express endogenous levels of TLR3, TLR5, and NOD1. The appropriate parental cell line for HEK-Blue™ hTLR7 cells is HEK-Blue™ Null1-k cells.
All of these products are covered by a Limited Use License (See Terms and Conditions).Back to the top
- 1 vial containing 3-7 x 106 cells
- 1 ml Blasticidin (10 mg/ml)
- 1 ml Zeocin® (100 mg/ml)
- 1 ml Normocin™ (50 mg/ml)
- 1 pouch of HEK-Blue™ Detection (cell culture medium for real-time detection of SEAP)
Shipped on dry ice (Europe, USA, Canada and some areas in Asia)Back to the top