|Imiquimod (R837)||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Imiquimod (R837), an imidazoquinoline amine analog to guanosine, is an immune response modifier with potent indirect antiviral activity. The antiviral activity of imiquimod was first shown in guinea pigs infected with herpes simplex virus . Imiquimod is now an approved treatment for external genital warts caused by human papillomavirus infection.
This low molecular synthetic molecule induces the production of cytokines such as IFN-α. Unlike R848, Imiquimod activates only TLR7 but not TLR8 . This activation is MyD88-dependent and leads to the induction of the transcription factor NF-κB .
Unlike other commercially available Imiquimod preparations, InvivoGen's Imiquimod for research is controlled for TLR7 potency and TLR4/TLR2 contamination.
1. Miller RL. et al., 1999. Imiquimod applied topically: a novel immune response modifier and new class of drug.. Int J Immunopharmacol. 1999 Jan;21(1):1-14.
2. Lee J. et al., 2003. Molecular basis for the immunostimulatory activity of guanine nucleoside analogs: Activation of Toll-like receptor 7. PNAS, 100(11):6646-51.
3. Hemmi H. et al., 2002. Small anti-viral compounds activate immune cells via the TLR7 MyD88-dependent signaling pathway. Nat Immunol, 3(2):196-200.
Specificity: human/mouse TLR7 agonist
Working Concentration: 1 - 5 μg/ml
CAS number: 99011-78-6
Solubility: 1 mg/ml in water
Formula: C14H16N4, HCl
Molecular weight: 276.8
• Imiquimod (R837) is available in two quantities:
- 500 µg Imiquimod: tlrl-imqs
- 5 mg Imiquimod: tlrl-imq
• sterile endotoxin-free water, 2 ml with #tlrl-imqs and 10 ml with #tlrl-imq.
Imiquimod is provided as a white lyophilized powder and shipped at room temperature. Store at -20°C. Lyophilized product is stable for 1 year at -20°C when properly stored. Upon resuspension, prepare aliquots of Imiquimod and store at -20°C. Resuspended product is stable for 6 months at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.Back to the top