|R848 VacciGrade™||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Imidazoquinoline compound -TLR7/8 agonist
The imidazoquinoline compound R848 (Resiquimod) is a guanosine derivative and an agonist for TLR7 and TLR8.
This TLR7/8 agonist, originally developed as type I IFN inducer, is an effective adjuvant by activating dendritic cells (DCs) and B cells to induce cytokines optimal for Th1 cell immunity, and antibody production.
R848 VacciGrade™ is suitable for preclinical studies. It is prepared under strict aseptic conditions. It is guaranteed sterile and thoroughly tested for the presence of endotoxins.
Unlike other commercially available R848 preparations, InvivoGen's R848 VacciGrade™ is water soluble and controlled for TLR7/8 potency and TLR4/TLR2 contamination
R848 VacciGrade™ is for research use only, not for use in humans.
Specificity: Th1 response
Working concentration: 10 - 100 μg/mouse
Quality: Sterile, Endotoxin level <1 EU/mg
CAS number: 144875-48-9 (free base)
Solubility: 1 mg/ml in physiological water
R848 VacciGrade™ is a preclinical grade preparation of R848 (resiquimod). It is prepared under strict aseptic conditions and istested for the presence of endotoxins. R848 VacciGrade™ is guaranteed sterile and its endotoxin level is <1 EU/mg.
R848 VacciGrade™ is provided lyophilized:
- 5 mg of sterile lyophilized R848 VacciGrade™.
- 10 ml sterile endotoxin-free physiological water (NaCl 0.9%).
R848 VacciGrade™ is shipped at room temperature
R848 VacciGrade™ should be stored at 4°C or -20°C.
Lyophilized product is stable 1 year when properly stored.
Upon resuspension, prepare aliquots of R848 VacciGrade™ and store at -20°C for long term storage.
Resuspended product is stable 6 months when properly stored.
Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.Back to the top
R848 (resiquimod), a small molecular weight imidazoquinoline compound, is an immune response modifier with potent antiviral and antitumor activities .
R848 is being evaluated as an adjuvant in FDA-approved clinical vaccine trials. R848 immune properties result from its ability to induce the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines through the activation of Toll-like receptor (TLR)-7 and TLR8 .
In vitro and in vivo studies have shown that R848 promotes the secretion of Th1 cytokines, including IFN-γ, IFN-α, IL-12 and TNF-α [3-7].
R848 is capable of skewing antibody responses toward a Th1 IgG2a response and away from a Th2 IgE response, a feature mediated in part by IFN-α and IL-12.
Unlike most adjuvants, R848 can be administered by a different route than the antigen, suggesting that it does not produce a depot effect.
Preclinical studies in mice have shown that R848 is able to promote adaptive immune responses to codelivered antigens and provide protection against live infection challenges [4, 6, 8, 9].
1. Stanley MA., 2002. Imiquimod and the imidazoquinolines: mechanism of action and therapeutic potential. Clin Dermatol 27:571–7.
2. Hemmi H. et al., 2002. Small anti-viralcompounds activate immune cells via the TLR7 MyD88-dependent signaling pathway. Nat. Immunol. 3:196-200.
3. Wagner tL. et al., 1999. Modulation of TH1 and TH2 cytokine production with the immune response modifiers, R-848 and imiquimod. Cell. Immunol. 191, 10, 1999.
4. Vasilakos Jp. et al., 2000. Adjuvant activities of immune response modifier R-848: comparison with CpG ODN. Cell. Immunol. 204:64-74.
5.Thomsen L. et al., 2004. Imiquimod and resiquimod in a mouse model: adjuvants for DNA vaccination by particle-mediated immunotherapeutic delivery. Vaccine 22:1799-1809.
6. Baldwin sL. et al., 2009. Intradermal immunization improves protective efficacy of a novel TB vaccine candidate. Vaccine 27:3063-3071.
7. Ma Y. et al., 2010. Assessing the immunopotency of Toll-like receptor agonists in an in vitro tissue engineered immunological model. Immunology 130:374-387.
8. tomai MA. et al., 2000. The immune response modifiers imiquimod and R-848 are potent activators of B lymphocytes. Cell. Immunol. 203:55-65.
9. Zhang WW. & G. Matlashewski. 2008.Immunization with a Toll-like receptor 7 and/or 8 agonist vaccine adjuvant increases protective immunity against Leishmania major in BALB/c mice. Infect. Immun. 76:3777-3783.