Flagellin FliC VacciGrade™
|Flagellin FliC VacciGrade™||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Recombinant flagellin from S. typhimurium - TLR5 agonist
You may also need : EndoFit Ovalbumin | View more associated products ▼
Recombinant flagellin from S. typhimurium
Bacterial flagellin, a TLR5 ligand, is a potent T-cell antigen and has potential as a vaccine adjuvant. Unlike other TLR agonists, flagellin tends to produce mixed Th1 and Th2 responses rather than strongly Th1 responses.
Flagellin FliC VacciGrade™ is a high-quality pre-clinical grade.
Flagellin FliC VacciGrade™ is for research use only, and not for human or veterinary use.
Description: TLR5 agonist VacciGrade™
Polarization of adaptive immune response: Th1 & Th2 responses
Solubility: 500 µg/ml in physiological water
Working concentration: 1 -10 μg/mouse
Quality control :
- Sterility guaranteed
- The absence of bacterial contamination (lipoproteins & endotoxins) has been confirmed using HEK-Dual™ TLR2 and HEK-Dual™ TLR4 cells
- Endotoxin level: <5 EU/mg (measurement by kinetic chromogenic LAL assay)
- 50 µg of sterile lyophilized Flagellin FliC VacciGrade™
- 10 ml sterile endotoxin-free physiological water (NaCl 0.9%)
Shipped at room temperature.
This product should be stored at -20°C.
Lyophilized product is stable 1 year at -20°C when properly stored.Back to the top
VacciGrade™ is a high-quality pre-clinical grade. VacciGrade™ products are filter-sterilized (0.2 µm) and filled under strict aseptic conditions in a clean room*. The absence of bacterial contamination is assessed by a sterility test using a pharmacopeia-derived assay. The level of bacterial contaminants (endotoxins and lipoproteins) in each lot is verified using a LAL assay and/or a TLR2 and TLR4 reporter assay.
*Except for LPS VacciGrade™, which is prepared in a laminar flow hood dedicated to LPS.
Flagellin FliC is a recombinant flagellin protein encoded by the fliC gene from Salmonella typhimurium. Bacterial flagellin, a TLR5 ligand, is a potent T-cell antigen and has potential as a vaccine adjuvant.
Unlike other TLR agonists, flagellin tends to produce mixed Th1 and Th2 responses rather than strong Th1 responses .
It has been demonstrated that flagellin can act as a potent adjuvant in flu vaccines [2, 3].
Furthermore, flagellin can also signal through the NLRC4 inflammasome , although it is not known whether this pathway contributes to the adjuvant activity of flagellin.
1. Huleatt J. et al., 2007. Vaccination with recombinant fusion proteins incorporating Toll-like receptor ligands induces rapid cellular and humoral immunity. Vaccine 25(4): 763-75.
2. Mbow ML. et al., 2010. New adjuvants for human vaccines. Curr Opin Immunol. 22(3):411-6.
3. Skountzou I. et al., 2010. Salmonella flagellins are potent adjuvants for intranasally administered whole inactivated influenza vaccine. Vaccine 28(4): 4103-12.
4. Miao EA. & Warren SE., 2010. Innate immune detection of bacterial virulence factors via the NLRC4 inflammasome. J Clin Immunol. 30(4): 502-6