Flagellin FliC VacciGrade™
|Flagellin FliC VacciGrade™||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Recombinant flagellin from S. typhimurium - TLR5 agonist
Recombinant flagellin from S. typhimurium
Bacterial flagellin, a TLR5 ligand, is a potent T-cell antigen and has potential as a vaccine adjuvant. Unlike other TLR agonists, flagellin tends to produce mixed Th1 and Th2 responses rather than strongly Th1 responses.
Flagellin Flic VacciGrade™ is suitable for preclinical studies. It is prepared under strict aseptic conditions. It is guaranteed sterile and thoroughly tested for the presence of endotoxins.
Flagellin Flic VacciGrade™ is for research use only, not for use in humans.
Specificity: Th1/Th2 response
Working concentration: 1 -10 μg/mouse
Solubility: 500 µg/ml in physiological water
Quality control :
- Flagellin FliC is VacciGrade™ (preclinical grade).
- It is prepared under strict aseptic conditions and is tested for the presence of endotoxins.
- Flagellin FliC VacciGrade™ is guaranteed sterile.
- endotoxin level : <0.005 EU/mg (measurement by kinetic chromogenic LAL assay)
- 50 µg of sterile lyophilized Flagellin FliC VacciGrade™
- 10 ml sterile endotoxin-free physiological water (NaCl 0.9%)
Flagellin FliC VacciGrade™ is shipped at room temperature.
Flagellin FliC VacciGrade™ should be stored at -20°C.
Lyophilized product is stable 1 year at -20°C when properly stored.Back to the top
Flagellin FliC is a recombinant flagellin protein encoded by the fliC gene from Salmonella typhimurium. Bacterial flagellin, a TLR5 ligand, is a potent T-cell antigen and has potential as a vaccine adjuvant.
Unlike other TLR agonists, flagellin tends to produce mixed Th1 and Th2 responses rather than strong Th1 responses .
It has been demonstrated that flagellin can act as a potent adjuvant in flu vaccines [2, 3].
Furthermore, flagellin can also signal through the NLRC4 inflammasome , although it is not known whether this pathway contributes to the adjuvant activity of flagellin.
1. Huleatt J. et al., 2007. Vaccination with recombinant fusion proteins incorporating Toll-like receptor ligands induces rapid cellular and humoral immunity. Vaccine 25(4): 763-75.
2. Mbow ML. et al., 2010. New adjuvants for human vaccines. Curr Opin Immunol. 22(3):411-6.
3. Skountzou I. et al., 2010. Salmonella flagellins are potent adjuvants for intranasally administered whole inactivated influenza vaccine. Vaccine 28(4): 4103-12.
4. Miao EA. & Warren SE., 2010. Innate immune detection of bacterial virulence factors via the NLRC4 inflammasome. J Clin Immunol. 30(4): 502-6