|Ovalbumin EndoFit™||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Chicken egg albumin; for in vivo use
Ovalbumin for in vivo use
Ovalbumin (also known as albumin or OVA) is a key reference protein for immunization. Ovalbumin is the most abundant protein in chicken egg whites.
Ovalbumin is a glycoprotein that is sufficiently large and complex to be mildly immunogenic.
Consequently, ovalbumin is widely used as an antigen for immunization experiments [1-3]. Furthermore, ovalbumin can be used as a carrier protein for conjugation to haptens  and other antigens to make them more immunogenic.
For accurate and reliable experimental results, the quality of ovalbumin is crucial.
However, commercially available ovalbumin is often contaminated with endotoxins which alter the results obtained in vivo .
InvivoGen provides EndoFit™ ovalbumin which has endotoxin levels <1 EU/mg, furthermore, EndoFit™ ovalbumin is guaranteed sterile.
EndoFit™ Ovalbumin is a high-quality ovalbumin protein for in vivo use.
1. Lipford G.B. et al., 1993. Primary in vivo responses to ovalbumin. Probing the predictive value of the Kb binding motif. J Immunol. 150(4):1212-1222.
2. Newman M.J. et al., 1992. Saponin adjuvant induction of ovalbumin-specific CD8+ cytotoxic T lymphocyte responses. J Immunol. 148(8):2357-2362.
3. Vaz EM. et al., 1971. Persistent formation of reagins in mice injected with low doses of ovalbumin. Imunology, 21(1), 11-15.
4. Slütter B. et al., 2010. Conjugation of ovalbumin to N-trimethyl chitosan improves immunogenicity of the antigen. Journal of Controlled Release 143(2):207-14.
5. Watanabe J. et al., 2003. Endotoxin contamination of ovalbumin suppresses murine immunologic responses and development of airway hyperreactivity. J Biol Chem. 278(43):42361-8.
CAS number: 9006-59-1
Molecular weight: ~ 45 kDa
Endotoxin level: < 1 EU/mg
Purity: minimum 98% protein (SDS-PAGE)
Solubility: 10 mg/ml in waterBack to the top
EndoFit™ Ovalbumin is provided lyophilized.
This product is available in two sizes:
- 10 mg sterile EndoFit™ ovalbumin
- 10 ml sterile endotoxin-free physiological water (NaCl 0.9%)
- 100 mg (4 x 25 mg) sterile EndoFit™ ovalbumin
- 2 x 10 ml sterile endotoxin-free physiological water (NaCl 0.9%)
EndoFit™ ovalbumin contains <1 EU/mg endotoxins and no salts.
EndoFit™ Ovalbumin is shipped at room temperature.
Upon receipt it should be stored at 4°C.Back to the top