|AddaS03™||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Oil-in-water nano-emulsion adjuvant
Vaccine Adjuvant: Squalene emulsion
AddaS03™ is an oil-in-water nano-emulsion adjuvant, with a formulation highly similar to that of the adjuvant system AS03®, a fundamental component of pandemic influenza vaccines. It is composed of the same percentage of two biodegradable oils, squalene and DL-α-tocopherol, and the surfactant, polysorbate 80 (Tween® 80), for increased stability.
AddaS03™ is VacciGrade™, a high-quality pre-clinical grade.
AddaS03™ is for research use only, and not for human or veterinary use.
Please note: AS03® is a registered trademark of GSK, and is used for comparative purposes only. AddaS03™ is not made by, affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed by GSK. GSK has not evaluated or approved the representations contained herein.
GSK's AS03® has been shown to trigger transient NF-κB-dependent innate immune responses. This results in the production of cytokines and chemokines at the site of injection (i.e. muscle) and in the draining lymph nodes (dLN), which induces the migration of essential immune cells (e.g. monocytes and granulocytes) . AS03® increases the magnitude and breadth of both cell-mediated and humoral immune responses when compared to non-adjuvanted vaccines . The use of DL-α-tocopherol, the most bioavailable form of vitamin E, distinguishes AS03® from other oil-in-water adjuvants such as MF59®. Both in vitro and in vivo studies reported that DL-α-tocopherol beneficially changes the profile of the local innate immune response and leads to a greater antigen-specific antibody response, allowing antigen-sparing strategies [2,3].
Read our review on Vaccine Adjuvants
1. Morel, S. et al. 2011. Adjuvant System AS03 containing alpha-tocopherol modulates innate immune response and leads to improved adaptive immunity. Vaccine 29, 2461-2473.
2. Garcon, N. et al. 2012. Development and evaluation of AS03, an Adjuvant System containing alpha-tocopherol and squalene in an oil-in-water emulsion. Expert Rev Vaccines 11, 349-366.
3. Shi, S. et al. 2019. Vaccine adjuvants: Understanding the structure and mechanism of adjuvanticity. Vaccine 37, 3167-3178
VacciGrade™ (preclinical grade)
Formulation: AddaS03™ is a nano-emulsion of DL-α-tocopherol (5% v/v) in squalene oil 5% (v/v) and Tween® 80 (1.8% v/v) in PBS (pH 6.8)
Note: The nano-emulsion is produced using a microfluidizer and filtered through a 0.22-µm filter to remove any large droplets and sterilize the final product.
- Sterility guaranteed
- Endotoxin level < 10 EU/ml (determined using the HEK-Blue™ LPS Detection Kit 2)
- AddaS03™ physio-chemical characteristics have been confirmed by sizing (determined by the dynamic light scattering method) and HPLC.
Back to the top
- 10 ml AddaS03™, provided as a ready-to-use sterile emulsion.
AddaS03™ is shipped at room temperature.
Upon receipt, AddaS03™ should be stored at 4°C.
DO NOT FREEZE.
AddaS03™ is a nano-emulsion of:
- DL-α-tocopherol (5% v/v) in squalene oil 5% (v/v)
- Tween80® (1.8% v/v) in phosphate-buffered saline (pH 6.8)Back to the top
VacciGrade™ is a high-quality pre-clinical grade. VacciGrade™ products are filter-sterilized (0.2 µm) and filled under strict aseptic conditions in a clean room*. The absence of bacterial contamination is assessed by a sterility test using a pharmacopeia-derived assay. The level of bacterial contaminants (endotoxins and lipoproteins) in each lot is verified using a LAL assay and/or a TLR2 and TLR4 reporter assay.
*Except for LPS VacciGrade™, which is prepared in a laminar flow hood dedicated to LPS.