ODN 1826 VacciGrade™
|ODN 1826 VacciGrade™||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
CpG ODN, Class B (murine) - TLR9 agonist
You may also need : EndoFit Ovalbumin | View more associated products ▼
CpG ODN, type B (murine) - TLR9-based adjuvant
CpG ODN 1826 is a synthetic immunostimulatory oligonucleotide (ODN) that contains unmethylated CpG dinucleotides.
ODN 1826 is a class B CpG ODN specific for mouse Toll-like receptor 9 (TLR9). It strongly activates B cells, weakly stimulates IFN-α secretion in pDCs, and generates Th1-dominant immune responses.
ODN 1826 VacciGrade™ is a high-quality pre-clinical grade.
ODN 1826 VacciGrade™ is for research use only, and not for human or veterinary use.
ODN1826 sequence: 5’-tccatgacgttcctgacgtt-3’ (20 mer)
Description: TLR9 agonist VacciGrade™
Polarization of adaptive immune response: Th1 response
Solubility: 2 mg/ml in physiological water
Working concentration: 20 - 50 μg/mouse
- Sterility guaranteed
- The absence of bacterial contamination (lipoproteins & endotoxins) has been confirmed using HEK-Blue™ TLR2 and HEK-Blue™ TLR4 cells
- Endotoxin level < 1 EU/mg (measurement by kinetic chromogenic LAL assay)
ODN 1826 VacciGrade™ is provided lyophilized width:
- 1 mg (157.1 nmol) of sterile lyophilized ODN 1826 VacciGrade™
- 10 ml sterile endotoxin-free physiological water (NaCl 0.9%)
ODN 1826 VacciGrade™ is shipped at room temperature
Upon receipt it should be stored at -20°C for up to 1 year.
Upon resuspension, prepare aliquots of ODN 1826 VacciGrade™ and store at -20°C.
Product is stable 6 months at -20°C when properly stored.
Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.Back to the top
VacciGrade™ is a high-quality pre-clinical grade. VacciGrade™ products are filter-sterilized (0.2 µm) and filled under strict aseptic conditions in a clean room*. The absence of bacterial contamination is assessed by a sterility test using a pharmacopeia-derived assay. The level of bacterial contaminants (endotoxins and lipoproteins) in each lot is verified using a LAL assay and/or a TLR2 and TLR4 reporter assay.
*Except for LPS VacciGrade™, which is prepared in a laminar flow hood dedicated to LPS.
Synthetic oligodeoxynucleotides containing unmethylated CpG motifs (CpG ODNs), such as ODN 1826, have been extensively studied as adjuvants .
These CpG motifs are present at a 20-fold greater frequency in bacterial DNA compared to mammalian DNA .
CpG ODNs are recognized by TLR9, which is expressed exclusively on human B cells and plasmacytoid dendritic cells (pDCs), thereby inducing Th1-dominated immune responses .
Pre-clinical studies, conducted in rodents and non-human primates, and human clinical trials have demonstrated that CpG ODNs can significantly improve vaccine-specific antibody responses .
Three types of stimulatory CpG ODNs have been identified, types A, B and C, which differ in their immune-stimulatory activities [4-5]. Furthermore, CpG ODNs activate TLR9 in a species-specific manner .
ODN 1826 is a type B CpG ODN specific for mouse TLR9. Type B CpG ODNs contain a full phosphorothioate backbone with one or more CpG dinucleotides and can strongly activate B cells .
ODN 1826 has been tested as an adjuvant in numerous animal models [7-9].
Research in mice demonstrated that ODN 1826 administration can induce the activation of antigen presenting cells8 and type I IFN anti-viral activity [8-9], indicative of a Th1 immune response.
1. Steinhagen F. et al., 2011. TLR-based immune adjuvants. Vaccine 29(17):3341-55.
2. Hemmi H. et al., 2000. A Toll-like receptor recognizes bacterial DNA. Nature 408:740-5.
3. Coffman RL. et al., 2010. Vaccine adjuvants: Putting innate immunity to work. Immunity 33(4):492-503.
4. Krug A. et al., 2001. Identification of CpG oligonucleotide sequences with high induction of IFN-alpha/beta in plasmacytoid dendritic cells. Eur J Immunol, 31(7): 2154-63.
5. Marshall JD. et al., 2005. Superior activity of the type C class of ISS in vitro and in vivo across multiple species. DNA Cell Biol. 24(2):63-72.
6. Bauer S. et al., 2001. Human TLR9 confers responsiveness to bacterial DNA via species-specific CpG motif recognition. PNAS, 98(16):9237-42.
7. Xiong Z. et al., 2008. Effective CpG immunotherapy of breast carcinoma prevents but fails to eradicate established brain metastasis. Clin Cancer Res 14: 5484-93.
8. Longhi MP. et al., 2009. Dendritic cells require a systemic type I interferon response to mature and induce CD4+Th1 immunity with poly IC as adjuvant. J Exp Med 206: 1589-602.
9. Ank MB. et al., 2008. An important role for type III interferon (IFN-lambda/IL-28) in TLR-induced antiviral activity. J Immunol 180: 2474-85.