|Imiquimod VacciGrade™||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Imidazoquinoline compound -TLR7 agonist
The imidazoquinoline compound Imiquimod is a guanosine derivative and agonist for TLR7.
This TLR7 agonist, originally developed as type I IFN inducers, is an effective adjuvant by activating dendritic cells (DCs) and B cells to induce cytokines optimal for Th1 cell immunity, and antibody production.
Imiquimod VacciGrade™ is for research use only, not for use in humans.
Working concentration: 10 - 100 μg/mouse
CAS number: 99011-78-6
Quality: Sterile, Endotoxin level
Solubility: 1 mg/ml in physiological water
- Imiquimod VacciGrade™ is a preclinical grade preparation of Imiquimod.
- It is prepared under strict aseptic conditions and is tested for the presence of endotoxins.
- Imiquimod VacciGrade™ is guaranteed sterile and its endotoxin level is <5 EU/mg.
- 5 mg of sterile lyophilized Imiquimod VacciGrade™
- 10 ml sterile endotoxin-free physiological water (NaCl 0.9%)
Imiquimod VacciGrade™ is shipped at room temperature
Stored at -20°C.
Lyophilized product is stable for 1 year when properly stored.
Upon resuspension, prepare aliquots of Imiquimod VacciGrade™ and store at -20°C for long term storage.
Resuspended product is stable for 6 months when properly stored.
Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.Back to the top
Imiquimod (R837), an imidazoquinoline amine analog to guanosine, is an immune response modifier with potent antiviral and antitumor activities .
Imiquimod is approved for the topical treatment of genital warts, basal cell carcinoma, and bladder cancer. Imiquimod exerts its immune-modulating activity by inducing the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines, such as IFN-α and IL-12, leading to the activation of both innate and acquired immunity . This activity of Imiquimod is in part due to its capacity to bind to and stimulate Toll-like receptor (TLR)-7, suggesting a potential role of Imiquimod to act as an adjuvant [3, 4].
Preclinical studies in mice have shown the effectiveness of Imiquimod in inducing immune responses to immunization using various vaccination strategies [5-7]. Imiquimod has been shown to increase both antibody and cell-mediated immune responsiveness induced by a DNA vaccine. In a genetically engineered mouse model, a DNA vaccine encoding HER2/neu adjuvanted with Imiquimod was reported to significantly delay the development of spontaneous mammary tumors . This antitumor effect was accompanied by a significant increase in Ag-specific antibody (Ab) production and in CTL activity, and a switch from IgG1 to IgG2a Ab isotype, suggesting a Th1 polarization of the immune response.
1. Suader DN., 2000. Immunomodulatory and pharmacologic properties of Imiquimod. J Am Acad Dermatol 43: S6−S11.
2. Stanley MA., 2002. Imiquimod and the imidazoquinolines: mechanism of action and therapeutic potential. Clin Dermatol 27:571−577.
3. Hemmi H. et al. 2002. Small anti-viral compounds activate immune cells via the TLR7 MyD88-dependent signaling pathway. Nat Immunol, 3(2):196-200.
4. Schon MP & Schon M., 2004. Immune modulation and apoptosis induction: two sides of the antitumoral activity of Imiquimod. Apoptosis 9: 291−298.
5. Thomsen LL et al.., 2004. Imiquimod and resiquimod in a mouse model: adjuvants for DNA vaccination by particle mediated immunotherapeutic delivery. Vaccine 22: 1799−1809.
6. Smorlesi A. et al.,2005. Imiquimod and S-27609 as adjuvants of DNA vaccination in a transgenic murine model of HER2/neu-positive mammary carcinoma. Gene Ther. 12(17):1324-32.
7.Triozzi PL. et al., 2010. Regulation of the activity of an adeno-associated virus vector cancer vaccine administered with synthetic Toll-like receptor agonists. Vaccine. 28(50):7837-43.