|Pam3CSK4 VacciGrade™||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Synthetic triacylated lipopeptide; TLR2/1 agonist
Synthetic triacylated lipopeptide - TLR2-based adjuvant
Pam3CSK4 VacciGrade™ is a synthetic lipopeptide and a TLR2/1 ligand. It is prepared under strict aseptic conditions, is guaranteed sterile and is thoroughly tested to confirm the absence of endotoxins.
Pam3CSK4 VacciGrade™ is suitable for preclinical studies.
Pam3CSK4 is a potent activator of the pro-inflammatory transcription factor NF-κB. This TLR2/TLR1 agonist mimics the acylated amino terminus of bacterial LPs. Bacterial LPs are a family of pro-inflammatory cell wall components found in both Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria. The stimulatory activity of these LPs resides in their acylated amino terminus. The TLR2/TLR1 heterodimer recognizes LPs with three fatty acids, a structural characteristic of bacterial LPs. Recognition of Pam3CSK4 is mediated by TLR2 which cooperates with TLR1 through their cytoplasmic domain to induce the signaling cascade leading to the activation of NF-κB.
Several TLR2 agonists, in particular LPs, have been evaluated as vaccine adjuvants. Pam3CSK4 has been proven to be a potent adjuvant for various vaccines, including a sublingual allergy vaccine, flu vaccine and leishmaniasis vaccine. In a preclinical study, Pam3CSK4 was reported to increase antibody responses to flu antigens unlike other TLR ligands . It was shown to exert a strong local response, enhance IgG2a and IgG1 titers and upregulate proinflammatory and Th1 cytokine genes. Pam3CSK4 was also used as an adjuvant to improve the efficacy of a DNA-based vaccine against Leishmania .
Pam3CSK4 VacciGrade™ is for research use only; it is not for use in humans.
1. Caproni E. et al., 2012. MF59 and Pam3CSK4 Boost Adaptive Responses to Influenza Subunit Vaccine through an IFN Type IIndependent Mechanism of Action. J Immunol. 188(7):3088-98
2. Jayakumar A. et al., 2011. TLR1/2 activation during heterologous prime-boost vaccination (DNA-MVA) enhances CD8+ T Cell responses providing protection against Leishmania (Viannia). PLoS NeglTrop Dis. 5(6):e1204.
Specificity: TLR 2/1 agonist
CAS number: 112208-00-1
Working concentration: 2 -20 µg/mouse
Molecular formula: C81H156N10O13S • 3TFA
Molecular weight: 1852.33 g/mol
Solubility: 1 mg/ml in physiological water
- Guaranteed sterile
- Endotoxin level: < 0.05 EU/μg
- Purity: ≥95% (UHPLC)
- 1 mg of lyophilized Pam3CSK4 VacciGrade™
- 1.5 ml endotoxin-free water
- 10 ml sterile endotoxin-free physiological water (NaCl 0.9%)
Pam3CSK4 VacciGrade™ is shipped at room temperature
Pam3CSK4 VacciGrade™ should be stored at 4°C.
Lyophilized product is stable 1 year when properly stored.Back to the top