|QUANTI-Blue™ Solution||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Alkaline phosphatase detection medium - Liquid form
5 ml (100X)
10 ml (100X)
|QUANTI-Blue™||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Alkaline phosphatase detection medium - Powder
5 pouches (5 x 100 ml)
10 pouches (10 x 100 ml)
QUANTI-Blue™ Solution is a colorimetric enzyme assay developed to determine any alkaline phosphatase (AP) activity in a biological sample, such as cell culture supernatant. It has been optimized for use in 96-well plates (standard procedure) and in 1536-well plates (high-throughput screening procedure).
QUANTI-Blue™ Solution can be used to detect and quantify AP or SEAP activity. Secreted embryonic alkaline phosphatase (SEAP), a truncated form of placental AP, is a widely used reporter gene. SEAP is secreted into cell culture supernatant and therefore offers many advantages over intracellular reporters. InvivoGen provides a wide collection of reporter cell lines with the SEAP reporter gene.
Features and advantages of QUANTI-Blue™ Solution:
- A convenient, easy and rapid means to detect and quantify SEAP and AP activity
- Short hands-on-time: < 10 min
- Easy to prepare: just mix QB Reagent and QB Buffer with water
- Highly sensitive
- Wide dynamic range
- High saturation threshold
- Allows for high-throughput screening (HTS)
In the presence of AP or SEAP, the color of QUANTI-Blue™ changes from pink to purple/blue. The purple/blue color intensity reflects the activity of AP. The levels of AP can be determined qualitatively with the naked eye or quantitatively using a spectrophotometer at 620-655 nm.Back to the top
Physicochemical characterization: pH and solubility
Functional characterization: cellular assays using alkaline phosphatase of SEAP-expressing reporter cells.Back to the top
QUANTI-Blue™ Solution is available in two pack sizes:
- rep-qbs : 5 x 1 ml of QB reagent + 5 x 1 ml QB buffer, sufficient to prepare 500 ml of QUANTI-Blue™.
- rep-qbs2 : 10 x 1 ml of QB reagent + 10 x 1 ml QB buffer, sufficient to prepare 1 liter of QUANTI-Blue™.
Store QB reagent and QB buffer at -20°C.
Reconstituted QUANTI-Blue™ Solution is stable for 2 weeks at 2-8 °C and for 2 months at -20°C. Keep reconstituted QUANTI-Blue™ away from light.
Back to the top
QUANTI-Blue™ Standard procedure
1. Prepare QUANTI-Blue™ Solution as per the instructions on the data sheet. Dispense 180 μl of QUANTI-Blue™ Solution per well of 96-well plate.
2. Add 20 μl of culture supernatant from SEAP-expressing cells to each well.
3. After a 15 min to 6 hour-incubation at 37°C, measure optical density (OD) at 620-655 nm using a microplate reader