HEK-Blue™ IL-17 Cells
|HEK-Blue™ IL-17 Cells||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Human IL-17 Reporter Cells
3-7 x 10e6 cells
IL-17 Reporter Cells
HEK-Blue™ IL-17 cells were engineered from the human embryonic kidney HEK293 cell line to detect bioactive human IL-17A and IL-17F, as well as human and murine IL-17E (also known as IL-25), by monitoring the activation of the NF-κB and AP-1 pathways. In addition, these cells can be used for screening anti-IL-17 and anti-IL-17 receptor antibodies.
Interleukin 17 (IL-17) is a family of six closely related cytokines (IL-17A to IL-17F) which have both pro-inflammatory and anti-inflammatory activities. IL-17A and IL-17F, which can form a heterodimer, play an important role in Th17 immunity and are implicated in tumorigenesis and autoimmune diseases, whereas IL-17E (also known as IL-25) appears to promote Th2 immunity [1,2].
IL-17 cytokines exert their biological activities by binding to heterodimeric receptors containing the ubiquitous IL-17RA chain and a second IL-17R(C, B or E) chain. IL-17A and IL-17F bind to the IL-17RA/IL-17RC receptor, IL-17C binds to the IL-17RA/IL-17RE receptor, and IL-17E binds to the IL-17RA/IL-17RB receptor [1, 2]. The activated heterodimeric receptor recruits the Act1 adaptor and induces the TNF receptor-associated factor 6 (TRAF6) ubiquitylation. This triggers a signaling cascade that results in NF-κB and AP-1 activation .
HEK-Blue™ IL-17 cells were generated by stable transfection of the human genes encoding the IL-17RA/IL-17RC heterodimeric receptor and Act1 adaptor molecule into the human embryonic kidney HEK293 cell line. HEK-Blue™ IL-17 cells also express an NF-κB- and AP-1-inducible secreted embryonic alkaline phosphatase (SEAP) reporter gene. For your convenience, InvivoGen provides QUANTI‑Blue™ Solution, an easy and rapid means to detect and quantify SEAP activity in the cell culture supernatant. Of note, HEK-Blue™ IL-17 cells display little to no response to murine IL‑17A and IL-17F. They do not respond to human nor murine IL-17C.
Features of HEK-Blue™ IL-17 cells:
- High sensitivity to hIL-17A, hIL-17F, & h/m IL-17E
- Low to no sensitivity to mIL-17A, h/mIL-17C, & mIL-17F
- Readily assessable SEAP reporter activity
- Functionally tested and guaranteed mycoplasma-free
Applications of HEK-Blue™ IL-17 cells:
- Detection of hIL-17A & hIL-17F
- Detection of h/mIL-17E (IL-25)
Screening of anti-IL-17 or anti-IL-17 receptor antibodies
1. Monin L. & Gaffen S.L., 2018. Interleukin 17 family cytokines: signaling mechanisms, biological activities, and therapeutic implications. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol. 10(4).
2. Pappu R. et al., 2011. The interleukin-17 cytokine family: critical players in host defence and inflammatory diseases. Immunology. 134: 8-16.
Dose-response of HEK-Blue™ IL‑17cells to recombinant IL-17 cytokines.
Cells were stimulated with increasing concentrations of recombinant human or murine IL-17A, IL-17E, and IL-17F. After overnight incubation, the NF-κB response was determined using QUANTI‑Blue™ Solution, a SEAP detection reagent, and reading the optical density (OD) at 630 nm. EC50 values are shown as mean ± SD.
Cytokine response profile of HEK-Blue™ IL-17 cells.
Cells were stimulated with various human and murine recombinant cytokines: 10 ng/ml of hIL‑17A, mIL‑17A, hIL‑17E, mIL‑17E, hIL‑17F, mIL-17F, hIL‑17C, mIL-17C, 1x104 IU/ml of hIFN-α, hIFN-β, 100 ng/ml of hIFN-γ, and 1 ng/ml of hIL‑1β and hTNF-α. After overnight incubation, SEAP activity was assessed using QUANTI‑Blue™ Solution. HEK‑Blue™ IL-17C cells do not respond to hIL‑17B nor hIL-17D (data not shown).
Growth medium: DMEM, 4.5 g/l glucose, 2-4 mM L-glutamine, 10% (v/v) heat-inactivated fetal bovine serum, 100 U/ml penicillin, 100 μg/ml streptomycin, 100 μg/ml Normocin™
Specificity: human IL-17A, human IL-17F, and human & mouse IL-17E (IL-25)
- 1- 100 ng/ml for human IL-17A
- 1- 100 ng/ml for both human & mouse IL-17E (IL-25)
- 3 - 100 ng/ml for human IL-17F
These cells are covered by a Limited Use License (See Terms and Conditions).Back to the top
- 1 vial containing of 3-7 x 106 cells
- 2 x 1 ml HEK-Blue Selection (250X concentrate)
- 1 ml Normocin™ (50 mg/ml)
- 1 ml of QB reagent and 1 ml of QB buffer (sufficient to prepare 100 ml of QUANTI-Blue™ Solution, a SEAP detection reagent)
Shipped on dry ice (Europe, USA & Canada)Back to the top