HEK-Blue™ IL-17 Cells
|HEK-Blue™ IL-17 Cells||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Human & Mouse IL-17 Sensor Cells
3-7 x 10e6 cells
IL-17 Sensor Cells
HEK-Blue™ IL-17 cells are designed to detect bioactive human and murine IL-17 by monitoring the activation of the NF-kB and AP-1 pathways. These cells were generated by stably introducing the human genes for the IL-17RA/IL-17RC heterodimer and the Act1 adaptor molecule into HEK293 cells. Furthermore, in these cells the TNF-α and MyD88-dependent IL-1β responses are blocked, hence, HEK-Blue™ IL-17 cells respond specifically to IL-17. HEK-Blue™ IL-17 cells express a SEAP reporter gene under the control of the IFN-β minimal promoter fused to five NF-κB and five AP-1 binding sites.
Binding of IL-17 to IL-17RA/IL-17RC on the surface of HEK-Blue™ IL-17 cells triggers a signaling cascade leading to the activation NF-κB and AP-1 with the subsequent production of SEAP. Detection of SEAP in the supernatant of HEK-Blue™ IL-17 cells can be readily assessed using QUANTI-Blue™, a SEAP detection reagent. QUANTI-Blue™ turns blue in the presence of SEAP, which can be easily quantified using a spectrophotometer.
APPLICATIONS: HEK-Blue™ IL-17 cells can be used to validate the functionality of recombinant native or engineered human or mouse IL-17. They can also be used to screen for molecules that inhibit IL-17 signaling such as antibodies targeting IL-17 cytokines.
1. Gu C. et al., 2013. IL-17 family: cytokines, receptors and signaling. Cytokine. 64(2):477-85.
2. Qu F. et al., 2012. TRAF6-dependent Act1 phosphorylation by the IκB kinase-related kinases suppresses interleukin-17-induced NF-κB activation. Mol Cell Biol. 32(19):3925-37.
3. Pappu R. et al., 2011. The interleukin-17 cytokine family: critical players in host defence and inflammatory diseases. Immunology. 134(1): 8–16.
Growth medium: DMEM, 4.5 g/l glucose, 2-4 mM L-glutamine, 10% (v/v) heat-inactivated fetal bovine serum, 50 U/ml penicillin, 50 μg/ml streptomycin, 100 μg/ml Normocin™
Shipped on dry ice
Specificity: human and mouse IL-17
• 0.3 - 100 ng/ml for human and mouse IL-17A
• 0.3 - 100 ng/ml for human IL-17F
• 1- 100 ng/ml for human IL-17E (IL-25)
• 1 vial containing of 3-7 x 106 cells
• 2 x 1 ml HEK-Blue Selection (250x concentrate)
• 1 ml Normocin™ (50 mg/ml)
• 1 pouch of QUANTI-Blue™ (SEAP detection medium)
Interleukin 17 (IL-17) is a family of six cytokines, including the proinflammatory IL-17A, IL-17E (also known as IL-25) and IL-17F, and the poorly understood IL-17B, IL-17C, and IL-17D .
IL-17A, IL-17E and IL-17F bind a heterodimeric surface receptor (IL-17RA and IL-17RC), which recruits the adaptor Act1 leading to TRAF6 ubiquitylation, triggering a signaling cascade that results in AP-1 and NF-κB activation . These cytokines exert a protective role against many pathogens, but are associated with autoimmune diseases when overexpressed .