HEK-Blue™ IL-17C Cells
|HEK-Blue™ IL-17C Cells||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Human & Mouse IL-17C Reporter Cells
3-7 x 10e6 cells
IL-17C Reporter Cells
HEK-Blue™ IL-17C cells were engineered from the human embryonic kidney HEK293 cell line to detect bioactive human and murine IL-17C by monitoring the activation of the NF-κB and AP-1 pathways. In addition, these cells can be used for screening anti-IL-17C or anti-IL-17 receptor antibodies.
Interleukin 17 (IL-17) is a family of six closely related cytokines (IL-17A to IL-17F) which can have both pro-inflammatory and anti-inflammatory activities. IL-17C is a pro‑inflammatory cytokine that promotes Th17 immunity to pathogens in the lungs, skin, and colon .
IL-17 cytokines exert their biological activities following binding to heterodimeric receptors containing the ubiquitous IL-17RA chain and a second IL-17R (C, B or E) chain. IL-17A and IL-17F bind to the IL-17RA/IL-17RC receptor, IL-17C binds to the IL-17RA/IL-17RE receptor, and IL-17E binds to the IL-17RA/IL-17RB receptor [1, 2]. The activated heterodimeric receptor recruits the Act1 adaptor and induces the TNF receptor-associated factor 6 (TRAF6) ubiquitylation. This triggers a signaling cascade that results in NF-κB and AP-1 activation .
HEK-Blue™ IL-17C cells were generated by stable transfection of the human genes encoding the IL-17RA/IL-17RE heterodimeric receptor and Act1 adaptor molecule. HEK-Blue™ IL-17C cells also express an NF-κB- and AP-1-inducible secreted embryonic alkaline phosphatase (SEAP) reporter gene. For your convenience, InvivoGen provides QUANTI‑Blue™ Solution, an easy and rapid means to detect and quantify SEAP activity in the cell culture supernatant. Of note, HEK-Blue™ IL-17C cells also respond to human and murine IL-17E (also known as IL-25), as well as human IL-17A. They display little to no response to human IL-17F and do not respond to murine IL-17A nor IL-17F.
Features of HEK-Blue™ IL-17C cells:
- High sensitivity to h/mIL-17C & h/mIL-17E
- Moderate sensitivity to hIL-17A
- Low to no sensitivity to mIL-17A & h/mIL-17F
- Readily assessable SEAP reporter activity
- Functionally tested and guaranteed mycoplasma-free
Applications of HEK-Blue™ IL-17C cells:
- Detection of h/mIL-17C
- Detection of h/mIL-17E (IL-25)
Screening of anti-IL-17 or anti-IL-17 receptor antibodies
1. Yamaguchi S. et al., 2018. The roles of IL-17C in T cell-dependent and -independent inflammatory diseases. Sci Rep. 8(1):15750.
2. Gu C. et al., 2013. IL-17 family: cytokines, receptors and signaling. Cytokine. 64(2):477-85.
3. Pappu R. et al., 2011. The interleukin-17 cytokine family: critical players in host defence and inflammatory diseases. Immunology. 134(1): 8–16.
Dose-response of HEK-Blue™ IL-17C cells to recombinant IL-17 cytokines.
Cells were stimulated with increasing concentrations of recombinant human or murine IL-17C, IL-17E, and IL-17A. After overnight incubation, the NF-κB response was determined using QUANTI‑Blue™, a SEAP detection reagent, and reading the optical density (OD) at 630 nm. EC50 values are shown as mean ± SD.
Cytokine response profile of HEK-Blue™ IL-17C cells.
Cells were stimulated with various human and murine recombinant cytokines: 10 ng/ml of hIL‑17C, mIL‑17C, hIL‑17E, mIL‑17E, hIL‑17A, mIL-17A, 1x104 IU/ml of hIFN-α, hIFN-β, 100 ng/ml of hIFN-γ, and 1 ng/ml of hIL-1 β and hTNF-α. After overnight incubation, SEAP activity was assessed using QUANTI‑Blue™.
Dose-dependent inhibition of human IL-17C response using a neutralizing antibody against the human IL-17RA receptor in HEK‑Blue™ IL-17C cells.
The antibody was incubated with HEK-Blue™ IL-17C cells for 30 minutes prior to the addition of 30 ng/ml of hIL-17C. After overnight incubation, SEAP activity in the cell culture supernatant was assessed using QUANTI‑Blue™. Data represent % inhibition of reporter activity.
Growth medium: DMEM, 4.5 g/l glucose, 2-4 mM L-glutamine, 10% (v/v) heat-inactivated fetal bovine serum, 100 U/ml penicillin, 100 μg/ml streptomycin, 100 μg/ml Normocin™
Specificity: human and mouse IL-17C & IL-17E (IL-25), and human IL-17A
- 3 - 100 ng/ml for human and mouse IL-17C
- 0.3 - 100 ng/ml for human and mouse IL-17E (IL-25)
- 10 - 100 ng/ml for human IL-17A
These cells are covered by a Limited Use License (See Terms and Conditions).Back to the top
- 1 vial containing 3-7 x 106 cells
- 2 x 1 ml of HEK-Blue Selection (250X concentrate)
- 1 ml of Normocin™ (50 mg/ml)
- 1 ml of QB reagent and 1 ml of QB buffer (sufficient to prepare 100 ml of QUANTI-Blue™ Solution, a SEAP detection reagent).
Shipped on dry ice (Europe, USA & Canada)Back to the top