|pUNO1-hTLR6-GFP||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Plasmid expressing the human TLR6 gene fused to a GFP gene
The hTLR6::GFP fusion gene was generated by fusing the green fluorescent protein (GFP) gene to the C terminus of the human Toll-like receptor 6 (TLR6) gene.This fusion protein can be used to study the localization of TLR6. Transfected cells can be analyzed for GFP expression by flow cytometry and by Western-blotting using GFP antibodies. The TLR6-GFP fusion gene is cloned in the pUNO plasmid under the control of the strong and ubiquitous mammalian promoter EF1α/HTLV.
hTLR6::GFP fusion gene has been fully sequenced, its fluorescence confirmed and its function tested in HEK293 cells coexpressing an NF-κB reporter plasmid (pNiFty-SEAP).Back to the top
Human TLR6::GFP fusion gene (3212 bp)
Selectable with Blasticidin in both E. coli and mammalian cellsBack to the top
- 20 µg of lyophilized DNA
- 2 x 1 ml blasticidin at 10 mg/ml
Product is shipped at room temperature.
Lyophilized DNA should be stored at -20°C. Upon receipt, store blasticidin at 4°C or -20°C.
Resuspended DNA should be stored at -20°C and is stable for up to 1 year.
Blasticidin is a harmful compound. Refer to the safety data sheet for handling instructions.Back to the top
Toll-like receptor 6 (TLR6), which is closely related to TLR1, is expressed predominantly in spleen, thymus, ovary and lung . TLR6 cooperates with TLR2 to recognize diacylated lipoproteins founs in mycoplasma, such as MALP2 and FSL1, but is not required in the recognition of triacylated lipopeptides found in bacteria .
The hTLR6::GFP fusion gene was generated by fusing at the C terminus of the human TLR6 gene to a GFP variant. A synthetic intron was added between both moieties to increase the activity of GFP. This hybrid protein absorbs blue light (major peak at 480 nm) and emits green light (major peak at 505 nm). The hTLR6::GFP fusion gene is under the control of the strong and ubiquitous hEF1/HTLV promoter. This composite promoter comprises the Elongation Factor-1α (EF-1α) core promoter  and the R segment and part of the U5 sequence (R-U5’) of the Human T-Cell Leukemia Virus (HTLV) Type 1 Long Terminal Repeat . The SV40 late polyadenylation signal enables efficient cleavage and polyadenylation reactions resulting in high levels of steady-state mRNA.
1. Takeuchi O. et al., 1999. TLR6: A novel member of an expanding toll-like receptor family. Gene. 231(1-2):59-65.
2. Takeuchi O. et al., 2001. Discrimination of bacterial lipoproteins by Toll-like receptor 6. Int Immunol, 13(7):933-40
3. Kim et al. (1990). Use of the human elongation factor 1 alpha promoter as a versatile and efficient expression system. Gene 2: 217-223.
4. Takebe et al. (1988). SR alpha promoter: an efficient and versatile mammalian cDNA expression system composed of the simian virus 40 early promoter and the R-U5 segment of human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 long terminal repeat. Mol. Cell Biol. 1: 466-472.