|c-di-AMP||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
5 x 1 mg
Bis-(3'-5')-cyclic dimeric adenosine monophosphate (c-di-AMP) is a bacterial second messenger implicated in the control of cell wall metabolism, osmotic stress responses and sporulation.
Detection of c-di-AMP by the host cytoplasmic surveillance pathway (CSP) is known to elicit type I IFN responses through a signaling axis that involves STING, TBK1 and IRF3 [1, 2].
Involvement of the helicase DDX41 in the recognition of c-di-AMP has been suggested .
Recent studies have also demonstrated that c-di-AMP exerts strong adjuvant activities when delivered by the mucosal route [4, 5].
1. Jin L. et al., 2011. MPYS is required for IFN response factor 3 activation and type I IFN production in the response of cultured phagocytes to bacterial second messengers cyclic-di-AMP and cyclic-di-GMP. J Immunol. 187(5):2595-601.
2. Burdette DL. et al., 2011. STING is a direct innate immune sensor of cyclic di-GMP. Nature. 478(7370):515-8.
3. Parvatiyar K. et al., 2012 The helicase DDX41 recognizes the bacterial secondary messengers cyclic di-GMP and cyclic di-AMP to activate a type I IFN immune response. Nat. Immunol. 13(12): 1155-61.
4. Ebensen T. et al., 2011. Bis-(3',5')-cyclic dimeric adenosine monophosphate: strong Th1/Th2/Th17 promoting mucosal adjuvant.Vaccine. 29(32):5210-20.
5. Škrnjug I. et al., 2014. The mucosal adjuvant cyclic di-AMP exerts immune stimulatory effects on dendritic cells and macrophages. PLoS One. 9(4):e95728.
THP1-Dual™ cells were stimulated for 24 hours with the STING ligands as shown (all at 10 μg/ml). IRF induction was determined by measuring the relative light units (RLUs) in a luminometer using QUANTI‑Luc™, a Lucia luciferase detection reagent.
THP1-Dual™ cells were stimulated for 24 hours with the STING ligands as shown (all at 10 μg/ml). NF‑kB induction was determined using QUANTI‑Blue™, a SEAP detection reagent, and by reading the optical density (OD) at 655 nm. Non-induced cells (NI) have been included as a negative control.
Description: STING agonist
Synonym: Cyclic di-adenylate monophosphate, c-di-AMP sodium salt
CAS number: 54447-84-6
Formula: C20H22N10O12P2 .2Na
Molecular weight: 702.38
Purity: ≥ 95% by LC/MS
Solubility: 50 mg/ml in water
- The biological activity is assessed by measuring induction of the IFN pathway in THP1-Blue™ ISG cells.
- The absence of endotoxins and other bacterial contaminants has been confirmed using HEK-Blue™ TLR4 and HEK-Blue™ TLR2 cells.
- 1 mg lyophilized c-di-AMP
- 1.5 ml endotoxin-free water
Product is shipped at room temperature and
Product should be stored at -20°C.
Product is sterile filtered prior to lyophilization.Back to the top