|Anti-hCD20-Of-hIgG4 (S228P)||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Engineered Human CD20 (Ofatumumab) antibody - Human IgG4
Engineered monoclonal human IgG4 antibody against human CD20
Anti-hCD20-Of-hIgG4 (S228P) features a human IgG4 constant region (Fc) with a S228P mutation, and the variable region of Ofatumumab with targets the human CD20 antigen found on the surface of normal and malignant B lymphocytes.
The S228P mutation allows stabilization of the disulfide bridges in the IgG4 core-hinge region. Therefore, this modification prevents the exchange of fragment antigen binding (Fab) regions between IgG4 antibodies, a process that potentially reduces their therapeutic efficacy.
Ofatumumab is a fully human type I (first generation) monoclonal antibody which mediates B cell destruction through complement-dependent cytotoxicity (CDC) and antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity (ADCC). Ofatumumab has been approved by the FDA for the treatment of chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) [1-3].
InvivoGen's Anti-hCD20-Of-hIgG4 (S228P) is generated by recombinant DNA technology, produced in CHO cells, and purified by affinity chromatography (protein G).
More isotypes of this antibody are available and can be used for comparison of biological activities such as ADCC (see below).
InvivoGen also provides type I anti-hCD20 mAbs featuring the variable regions of Rituximab or Obinutuzumab, with either native or engineered Fc region.
Read our review on Antibody Isotypes
1. Baig NA. et al., 2014. Induced resistance to ofatumumab-mediated cell clearance mechanisms, including complement-dependent cytotoxicity, in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. J Immunol. 192(4):1620-9.
2. Lin TS., 2010. Ofatumumab: a novel monoclonal anti-CD20 antibody. Pharmgenomics Pers Med. 3:51-9.
3. Winiarska M. et al., 2011. Molecular mechanisms of the antitumor effects of anti-CD20 antibodies. Front Biosci (Landmark Ed). 16:277-306.
Target: Human CD20
Clonality: Monoclonal antibody
Isotype: Human IgG4 (S228P), Kappa
Source: CHO cells
Formulation: 0.2 µm filtered solution in 68 mM sodium phosphate buffer (pH 7.4) with 91 mM glycine, 5% w/v saccharose and stabilizing agents
Purity: Purified by affinity chromatography with protein G
Tested applications: Flow cytometry
- Binding of Anti-hCD20-Of-hIgG4(S228P) to human CD20 has been tested using flow cytometry.
- The complete sequence of this antibody has been verified.
- The absence of bacterial contamination (e.g. lipoproteins and endotoxins) has been confirmed using HEK-Blue™ TLR2 and HEK-Blue™ TLR4 cells.
- 100 µg purified Anti-hCD20-Of-hIgG4(S228P) monoclonal antibody (mAb), provided azide-free and lyophilized
Anti-hCD20-Of-hIgG4(S228P) is shipped at room temperature.
Store lyophilized antibody at -20 °C.Back to the top