|Anti-hCTLA4-hIgA2||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Price|
Human CTLA4 (ipilimumab) antibody - Human IgA2
Monoclonal human IgA2 antibody against human CTLA-4
Anti-hCTLA4-hIgA2 features the constant region of the human IgA2 isotype and the variable region of ipilimumab.
Ipilimumab is a fully human IgG1 monoclonal antibody that targets CTLA-4 (also known as CD152), a negative regulator of T cell activation.
By binding CTLA-4, ipilimumab inhibits negative signals that physiologically downregulate T cell activation and exerts its therapeutic activity by upregulating the antitumor activity of T lymphocytes [1, 2].
In addition, Ipilimumab induces antibody-dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity (ADCC) and TNF-α production . Ipilimumab has been approved by the FDA for the treatment of unresectable or metastatic melanoma.
Ipilimumab is undergoing clinical trials for other types of cancers, including lung cancer .
IgA2 is found predominantly in secretory lymphoid tissues, where it plays a critical role in mucosal immunity. IgA2 is highly resistant to enzymatic degradation by bacterial proteases, due to a short hinge region. IgA2 displays no complement dependent cytotoxicity (CDC) and low ADCC.
Anti-hCTLA4-hIgA2 was generated by recombinant DNA technology. It has been produced in CHO cells and purified by affinity chromatography with peptide M.
1. Grosso JF. & Jure-Kunkel MN., 2013. CTLA-4 blockade in tumor models: an overview of preclinical and translational research. Cancer Immun. 13:5.
2. Maio M. et al., 2013. Update on the role of ipilimumab in melanoma and first data on new combination therapies. Curr Opin Oncol. 25(2):166-72.
3. Laurent S.. et al., 2013. The engagement of CTLA-4 on primary melanoma cell lines induces antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity and TNF-α production. J Transl Med. 11:108.
4. Tomasini P., 2012. Ipilimumab: its potential in nonsmall cell lung cancer. Ther Adv Med Oncol. 4(2): 43–50.
Specificity: Targets cells expressing human CTLA-4
Clonality: Monoclonal antibody
Isotype: Human IgA2, kappa
Source: CHO cells
Purity: Purified by affinity chromatography with peptide M
- Binding of Anti-hCTLA4-hIgA2 to human CTLA-4 has been tested using flow cytometry.
- The complete sequence of this antibody has been verified.
- The absence of bacterial contamination (e.g. lipoproteins and endotoxins) has been confirmed using HEK-Blue™ TLR2 and HEK-Blue™ TLR4 cells.
- 100 µg purified anti-hCTLA4-hIgA2 antibody, provided azide-free and lyophilized.
Product is shipped at room temperature.
Store lyophilized antibody at -20°C.
Lyophilized product is stable for 1 year.Back to the top