|Anti-hCTLA4-hIgA2||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Price|
Human CTLA4 (ipilimumab) antibody - Human IgA2
January 20th, 2020.
This antibody has been removed from our catalog. However, you may contact us if you wish to order minimal quantities.
Monoclonal human IgA2 antibody against human CTLA-4
Anti-hCTLA4-hIgA2 features the constant region of the human IgA2 isotype and the variable region of ipilimumab.
Ipilimumab is a fully human IgG1 monoclonal antibody that targets CTLA-4 (also known as CD152), a negative regulator of T cell activation.
By binding CTLA-4, ipilimumab inhibits negative signals that physiologically downregulate T cell activation and exerts its therapeutic activity by upregulating the antitumor activity of T lymphocytes [1, 2].
In addition, Ipilimumab induces antibody-dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity (ADCC) and TNF-α production . Ipilimumab has been approved by the FDA for the treatment of unresectable or metastatic melanoma.
Ipilimumab is undergoing clinical trials for other types of cancers, including lung cancer .
IgA2 is found predominantly in secretory lymphoid tissues, where it plays a critical role in mucosal immunity. IgA2 is highly resistant to enzymatic degradation by bacterial proteases, due to a short hinge region. IgA2 displays no complement dependent cytotoxicity (CDC) and low ADCC.
Anti-hCTLA4-hIgA2 was generated by recombinant DNA technology. It has been produced in CHO cells and purified by affinity chromatography with peptide M.
1. Grosso JF. & Jure-Kunkel MN., 2013. CTLA-4 blockade in tumor models: an overview of preclinical and translational research. Cancer Immun. 13:5.
2. Maio M. et al., 2013. Update on the role of ipilimumab in melanoma and first data on new combination therapies. Curr Opin Oncol. 25(2):166-72.
3. Laurent S.. et al., 2013. The engagement of CTLA-4 on primary melanoma cell lines induces antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity and TNF-α production. J Transl Med. 11:108.
4. Tomasini P., 2012. Ipilimumab: its potential in nonsmall cell lung cancer. Ther Adv Med Oncol. 4(2): 43–50.
Specificity: Targets cells expressing human CTLA-4
Clonality: Monoclonal antibody
Isotype: Human IgA2, kappa
Source: CHO cells
Purity: Purified by affinity chromatography with peptide M
- Binding of Anti-hCTLA4-hIgA2 to human CTLA-4 has been tested using flow cytometry.
- The complete sequence of this antibody has been verified.
- The absence of bacterial contamination (e.g. lipoproteins and endotoxins) has been confirmed using HEK-Blue™ TLR2 and HEK-Blue™ TLR4 cells.
- 100 µg purified anti-hCTLA4-hIgA2 antibody, provided azide-free and lyophilized.
Product is shipped at room temperature.
Store lyophilized antibody at -20°C.
Lyophilized product is stable for 1 year.Back to the top