|Poly(dG:dC) naked||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
|Poly(dG:dC) / LyoVec™||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Synthetic double-stranded DNA
Poly(dG:dC) is a poly(deoxyguanylic-deoxycytidylic) acid sodium salt. It is a repetitive synthetic double-stranded DNA sequence of poly(dG-dC)•poly(dC-dG).
Intracellular poly(dG:dC) is detected by several cytosolic DNA sensors (CDS), such as cGAS, DAI, DDX41, IFI16 and LRRFIP1, triggering the production of type I interferons (IFNs).
This induction of IFN appears to be mediated by the endoplasmic reticulum protein STING. Moreover, Poly(dG:dC) activates the cytosolic DNA sensor AIM2 (absent in melanoma 2) to trigger inflammasome formation.
Poly(dG:dC) is also available complexed with the cationic lipid transfection reagent LyoVec™ to facilitate its uptake.
Activity: CDS agonist
Formulation: naked or complexed with the transfection reagent LyoVec™
CAS number: 90385-88-9
Solubility: 2 mg/ml in physiological waterBack to the top
- 200 µg Poly(dG:dC)
- 2 ml sterile endotoxin-free physiological water (150 mM NaCl)
Poly(dG:dC) / LyoVec:
- 4 x 25 μg lyophilized poly(dG:dC)/LyoVec™
Note: Each vial contains 25 μg of poly(dG-dC)•poly(dC-dG) complexed with 50 μg LyoVec.
- 10 ml sterile endotoxin-free water
Poly(dG:dC) is shipped at room temperature.
Store lyophilized product at -20°C.Back to the top
Poly(deoxyguanylic-deoxycytidylic) acid (Poly(dG:dC)) is a synthetic repetitive double-stranded DNA (dsDNA).
Intracellular poly(dG:dC) is detected by several cytosolic DNA sensors (CDS), such as cGAS , DAI , DDX41 [2, 3], IFI16 [2, 3] and LRRFIP1 [2, 4], triggering the production of type I interferons (IFNs). This induction of IFN appears to be mediated by the endoplasmic reticulum protein STING [1, 4, 5]. Moreover, Poly(dG:dC) activates the cytosolic DNA sensor AIM2 (absent in melanoma 2) to trigger inflammasome formation, leading to the secretion of the pro-inflammatory cytokines IL-1β and IL-18 .
1. Unterholzner L., 2013. The interferon response to intracellular DNA: why so many receptors? Immunobiology. 218(11):1312-21.
2. Takaoka A. et al., 2007. DAI (DLM-1/ZBP1) is a cytosolic DNA sensor and an activator of innate immune response. Nature. 448(7152):501-5.
3. Zhang Z. et al., 2011. The helicase DDX41 senses intracellular DNA mediated by the adaptor STING in dendritic cells. Nat Immunol. 12(10):959-65.
4. Yang P. et al., 2010. The cytosolic nucleic acid sensor LRRFIP1 mediates the production of type I interferon via a beta-catenin-dependent pathway. Nat Immunol. 11(6):487-94.
5. Wu J. et al., 2013. Cyclic GMP-AMP is an endogenous second messenger in innate immune signaling by cytosolic DNA. Science. 339(6121):826-30.
6. Jones JW. et al., 2010. Absent in melanoma 2 is required for innate immune recognition of Francisella. PNAS, 107(21):9771-6.
Responses of B16-Blue™ IFNα/β cells to dsDNA and dsRNA:
B16-Blue™ IFNα/β cells were stimulated with increasing concentrations of poly(dA:dT), poly(dG:dC) or 5’ppp-dsRNA complexed extemporaneously with the transfection reagent LyoVec™.
After 24h incubation, induction of type I IFNs was assessed by determining the levels of SEAP using QUANTI-Blue™, a SEAP detection medium.