|LyoVec™||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Cationic lipid for transfection of mammalian cells + 1 vial of control LyoVec™-GFP/SEAP complex
8ml, 160 reactions
10 ml, 200 reactions
18 ml, 360 reactions
20 ml, 400 reactions
16 ml, 320 reactions
Lyophilized Lipid-based Transfection Reagent
LyoVec™ is a proprietary cationic lipid-based transfection reagent belonging to the family of phosphonolipids. This family was originally described by Floch et al., as efficient transfection reagents for both in vitro and in vivo use [1-2].
The major constituent of LyoVec™ is the phosphonolipid DTCPTA, which is coupled to DiPPE, a neutral lipid that helps destabilize membrane bilayers and increases the in vitro transfection efficiency of LyoVec™.
Applications of LyoVec™:
- Cationic lipid-based transfection reagent
- Nucleic acid complexing agent
The positive charge of the phosphonolipid enables LyoVec™ to bind to plasmid DNA, and the structure promotes fusion with cellular membranes for efficient DNA delivery.
Additionally, LyoVec™ can be used as a nucleic acid complexing agent to facilitate the cellular entry of RNA or DNA-based oligonucleotides, such as RIG-I ligands (e.g. poly(dA:dT)  and poly(I:C) ) and endosomal TLR7/8 ligands (e.g. ssPolyU ). This complexation step is crucial for inducing an effective response to the nucleic acids by pathogen recognition receptors.
1. Floch et al., 1997. Cationic phosphonolipids as non-viral vectors for DNA transfection in hematopoietic cell lines and CD34+ cells. Blood Cells Molec.& Diseases 23:69-87.
2. Guillaume-Gable et al., 1998. Cationic phosphonolipids as nonviral gene transfer agents in the lung of mice. Hum Gene Ther 9:2309-2319.
3. Xie M. et al., 2016. PKM2-dependent glycolysis promotes NLRP3 and AIM2 inflammasome activation. Nat Commun. 7:13280.
4. Järver P. et al., 2018. Single-Stranded Nucleic Acids Regulate TLR3/4/7 Activation through Interference with Clathrin-Mediated Endocytosis. Sci Rep. 8:15841.
5. Katashiba et al., 2011. Interferon-α and interleukin-12 are induced, respectively, by double-stranded DNA and single-stranded RNA in human myeloid dendritic cells. Immunology. 132(2):165-73.
Hands-on time: No more than 15 min and no preparation required the day prior transfection
Transfection: Transient and stable transfections
Conditions: Works in the presence of serum, with no need to wash cells after transfection
Shelf life: Long shelf-life of plasmid DNA (pDNA)/ LyoVec™ complexes
- Transfection efficiency of LyoVec™ has been confirmed in HEK293‑derived cells.
- Cytotoxicity has been assessed in HEK293‑derived cells.
LyoVec™ is provided as a lyophilized powder, sterile and packaged in sealed glass vials.
This product is available in different formats:
- lyec-1 : 5 small vials (sufficient to perform 200 reactions in 12-well plates)
- lyec-2 : 10 small vials (sufficient to perform 400 reactions in 12-well plates)
- lyec-3 : 2 large vials (sufficient to perform 320 reactions in 12-well plates)
- lyec-12 : 4 small vials (sufficient to perform 160 reactions in 12-well plates) and 1 vial of control LyoVec™-GFP/SEAP complex.
- lyec-22 : 9 small vials (sufficient to perform 360 reactions in 12-well plates) and 1 vial of control LyoVec™-GFP/SEAP complex.
LyoVec™ is shipped at room temperature.
Upon receipt, it should be stored at 4°C.Back to the top