|LyoVec™||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Lyophilized cationic lipid for transfection of mammalian cells + 1 vial of control LyoVec™-GFP/SEAP complex
8ml, 160 reactions in 12-well plates
10 ml, 200 reactions in 12-well plates
18 ml, 360 reactions in 12-well plates
20 ml, 400 reactions in 12-well plates
Lyophilized Lipid-based Transfection Reagent
LyoVec™ is the first lyophilized cationic lipid-based transfection reagent belonging to the family of phosphonolipids. This family was originally described by Floch et al., as efficient transfection reagents for both in vitro and in vivo use [1-2].
The major constituent of LyoVec™ is the phosphonolipid DTCPTA, which is coupled to DiPPE, a neutral lipid that helps destabilize membrane bilayers and increases the in vitro transfection efficiency of LyoVec™.
Applications of LyoVec™:
- Cationic lipid-based transfection reagent
- Nucleic acid complexing agent
The positive charge of the phosphonolipid enables LyoVec™ to bind to plasmid DNA, and the structure promotes fusion with cellular membranes for efficient DNA delivery.
Additionally, LyoVec™ can be used as a nucleic acid complexing agent to facilitate the cellular entry of RNA or DNA-based oligonucleotides, such as RIG-I ligands (i.e. 5’ppp-dsRNA and 3p-hpRNA), cGAS ligands (i.e. HSV60 and VACV70), and endosomal TLR ligands (i.e. ssPolyU). This complexation step is crucial for inducing an effective response to the nucleic acids by pathogen recognition receptors.
1. Floch et al. 1997. Cationic phosphonolipids as non-viral vectors for DNA transfection in hematopoietic cell lines and CD34+ cells. Blood Cells Molec.& Diseases 23:69-87.
2. Guillaume-Gable et al. 1998. Cationic phosphonolipids as nonviral gene transfer agents in the lung of mice. Hum Gene Ther 9:2309-2319.
Hands-on time: No more than 15 min and no preparation required the day prior transfection
Cell types: High efficiencies in a wide range of mammalian cells
Transfection: Transient and stable transfections
Conditions: Works in the presence of serum, with no need to wash cells after transfection
Shelf life: Long shelf-life of plasmid DNA (pDNA)/ LyoVec™ complexes
- Transfection efficiency of LyoVec™ is evaluated using HEK-293 cells.
- The survival rate of HEK-293 cells exposed to LyoVec™ for 72 hours in medium containing 10% serum is >95%.
LyoVec™ is provided as a lyophilized powder, sterile and packaged in sealed 2 ml glass vials.
This product is available in different formats:
- lyec-1 : 5 vials (sufficient to perform 200 reactions)
- lyec-2 : 10 vials (sufficient to perform 400 reactions)
- lyec-12 : 4 vials (sufficient to perform 160 reactions) and 1 vial of control LyoVec™-GFP/SEAP complex.
- lyec-22 : 9 vials (sufficient to perform 360 reactions) and 1 vial of control LyoVec™-GFP/SEAP complex.
LyoVec™ is shipped at room temperature.
Upon receipt it should be stored at 4°C.Back to the top