|LyoVec™||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Lyophilized cationic lipid for transfection of mammalian cells + 1 vial of control LyoVec™-GFP/SEAP complex
8ml, 160 reactions in 12-well plates
10 ml, 200 reactions in 12-well plates
18 ml, 360 reactions in 12-well plates
20 ml, 400 reactions in 12-well plates
Lyophilized Lipid-based Transfection Reagent
LyoVec™ is the first lyophilized cationic lipid-based transfection reagent belonging to the new family of phosphonolipids originally described by Floch et al., as efficient transfection reagents both in vitro and in vivo [1-2].
Their positive charge enables them to bind to DNA, and their phospholipid structure promotes fusion with cellular membranes for DNA delivery.
The major constituent of LyoVec™ is the phosphonolipid DTCPTA, which is coupled with DiPPE, a neutral lipid that helps destabilizing membrane bilayers, therefore increasing the in vitro transfection efficiency of LyoVec™.
1. Floch et al. 1997. Cationic phosphonolipids as non viral vectors for DNA transfection in hematopoietic cell lines and CD34+ cells. Blood Cells Molec.& Diseases 23:69-87.
2. Guillaume-Gable et al. 1998. Cationic phosphonolipids as nonviral gene transfer agents in the lung of mice. Hum Gene Ther 9:2309-2319.
Hands-on time: No more than 15 min. No preparation required the day prior transfection
Transfects with high efficiencies a broad spectrum of mammalian cells
Effective for transient and stable transfections
Works in the presence of serum. No need to wash cells after transfection
Long shelf-life of plasmid DNA (pDNA)/ LyoVec™ complexesBack to the top
LyoVec™ is provided as a lyophilized powder, sterile and packaged in sealed 2 ml glass vials.
This product is available in different formats:
- lyec-1 : 5 vials (sufficient to perform 200 reactions)
- lyec-2 : 10 vials (sufficient to perform 400 reactions)
- lyec-12 : 4 vials (sufficient to perform 160 reactions) and 1 vial of control LyoVec™-GFP/SEAP complex.
- lyec-22 : 9 vials (sufficient to perform 360 reactions) and 1 vial of control LyoVec™-GFP/SEAP complex.
LyoVec™ is shipped at room temperature.
Upon receipt it should be stored at 4°C.Back to the top