HEK-Blue™ mMincle Cells
|HEK-Blue™ mMincle Cells||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Murine Mincle / NF-κB / SEAP reporter HEK293 cells
3-7 x 10e6 cells
SEAP Reporter 293 cells expressing the murine Mincle gene
Mincle is a C-type lectin receptor (CLR) that recognizes a variety of exogenous and endogenous stimuli, such as mycobacteria, certain fungi and necrotic cells [1, 2].
HEK-Blue™ mMincle cells are derived from the human embryonic kidney HEK293 cells which do not naturally express Mincle. We have engineered HEK-Blue™ cells that stably express high levels of murine Mincle as well as the genes of the Mincle-NF-κB signaling pathway. These cells also stably express an NF-κB-inducible SEAP reporter gene. Levels of SEAP are readily measurable in real-time by a simple colorimetric assay with HEK-Blue™ Detection or QUANTI-Blue™ .
They do not respond to other CLR ligands such as zymosan, a Dectin-1 and TLR2 ligand.
To identify Mincle-specific responses, we recommend to use HEK-Blue™ Null1-v cells as a control cell line.
HEK-Blue™ hMincle cells expressing the human Mincle gene (hMincle) are also available upon enquiry.
1. Yamasaki S. et al., 2009. C-type lectin Mincle is an activating receptor for pathogenic fungus, Malassezia. PNAS 106(6): 1897–1902.
2. Brown GD. 2008. Sensing necrosis with Mincle. Nature Immunol. 9:1099-1100.
HEK-Blue™ mMincle and HEK-Blue™ Null1-v cells (parental cell line) were stimulated with various CLR agonists: zymosan (100 µg/ml), HKMT (100 µg/m), TDB (10 µg/ml), and TNF-α (10 ng/ml). TNF-α, an NF-kB activator, was used as a positive control. NF‑kB‑induced SEAP activity was assessed using HEK‑Blue™ Detection and by reading the optical density (OD) at 655 nm.
Growth medium: DMEM (4.5 g/l glucose), 10% (v/v) fetal bovine serum (FBS), 100 U/ml penicillin, 100 µg/ml streptomycin, 100 µg/ml Normocin™, 2 mM L-glutamine.
- HEK-Blue™ mMincle cells have been stimulated by various pathogen recognition receptor (PRR) agonists. As expected, Mincle agonists induced the production of SEAP.
- The cell surface expression of murine Mincle (mMincle) in this cell line has been validated using fluorescence-activated cell sorting (FACS).
- The stability of this cell line for 20 passages following thawing has been verified.
- These cells are guaranteed mycoplasma-free.
- 1 vial containing 3-7 x 106 cells
- 1 ml of blasticidin (10 mg/ml)
- 1 ml of puromycin (10 mg/ml)
- 2 x 1 ml of HEK-Blue™ CLR Selection (250X)
- 1 ml of Normocin™ (50 mg/ml)
- 1 pouch of HEK-Blue™ Detection
Shipped on dry ice (Europe, USA & Canada)Back to the top