|LPS-EB Biotin||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Biotinylated TLR4 Agonist
November 22nd, 2019 - CAT. CODE CHANGE NOTIFICATION
The catalog code of LPS-Biotin has been changed from "tlrl-3blps" to "tlrl-lpsbiot" to indicate a modification in the production process.
Biotinylated LPS from Escherichia coli 0111:B4
LPS-EB Biotin is biotinylated ultrapure smooth lipopolysaccharide (sLPS) from the Gram-negative bacteria E. coli 0111:B4.
LPS is recognized by toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) which interacts with three different extracellular proteins: LPS binding protein (LBP), CD14 and, myeloid differentiation protein 2 (MD-2), to induce a signaling cascade leading to the activation of NF-κB and the production of proinflammatory cytokines [1, 2].
Most LPS preparations on the market are contaminated by other bacterial components, such as lipoproteins, thus activating TLR2 signaling as well as TLR4 signaling. The ultrapure preparation that InvivoGen provides only activates the TLR4 pathway.
In this product, biotin has been bound to LPS’s oxidized-carbohydrates using biotin-LC-hydrazide as previously described . The labeled ligand retains the biological activity of LPS. LPS‑EB Biotin can be used for the detection of LPS binding sites by cytometry or fluorescence microscopy.
Key features of LPS-EB Biotin:
- Highly specific and potent TLR4 agonist
- Ultrapure grade of LPS that only activates TLR4
Each lot is functionally tested
1. Kuzmich, N.N. et al., 2017. TLR4 Signaling Pathway Modulators as Potential Therapeutics in Inflammation and Sepsis. Vaccines (Basel) 5unol. 165(2):618-22.
2. Hirschfeld M. et al., 2000. Cutting edge: repurification of lipopolysaccharide eliminates signaling through both human and murine toll-like receptor 2. J Immunol. 165(2):618-22.
3. Luk JM. et al., 1995. Biotinylated lipopolysaccharide binds to endotoxin receptor in endothelial and monocytic cells. Anal Biochem 232:217.
Learn more about TLR4 and its co-receptorsBack to the top
Specificity: TLR4 agonist
Working Concentration: 10 ng - 10 μg/ml
Endotoxin Level: ≥1 x 105 EU/mg (measurement with HEK-Blue™ LPS Detection Kit 2)
- Activation of TLR4 by LPS-EB Biotin has been confirmed using a HEK-Blue™ TLR4 cellular assay.
- Absence of bacterial contamination (e.g. lipoproteins) has been confirmed using a HEK-Blue™ TLR2 cellular assay.
- Biotin coupling has been validated by flow cytometry.
- 500 μg biotinylated ultrapure E. coli O111:B4 LPS (LPS-EB Biotin)
- 1.5 ml endotoxin-free water
LPS-EB Biotin is shipped at room temperature
Stored at -20°C.Back to the top