ODN 2395 - TLR9 ligand
|ODN 2395||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Price|
TLR9 Agonist - Stimulatory CpG ODN, Class C, Human / mouse
You may also need : Mouse TLR9 Reporter HEK293 Cells | View more associated products ▼
Class C CpG oligonucleotide - Human / Murine TLR9 ligand
CpG ODNs are synthetic oligonucleotides that contain unmethylated CpG dinucleotides in particular sequence contexts (CpG motifs) .
These CpG motifs are present at a 20-fold greater frequency in bacterial DNA compared to mammalian DNA. CpG ODNs are recognized by Toll-like receptor 9 (TLR9) leading to strong immunostimulatory effects .
Three types of stimulatory CpG ODNs have been identified, types A, B and C, which differ in their immune-stimulatory activities [3-4]. Type A CpG ODNs are characterized by a phosphodiester central CpG-containing palindromic motif and a phosphorothioate 3’ poly-G string.
They induce high IFN-α production from plasmacytoid dendritic cells (pDC) but are weak stimulators of TLR9-dependent NF-κB signaling. Type B CpG ODNs contain a full phosphorothioate backbone with one or more CpG dinucleotides.
They strongly activate B cells but stimulate weakly IFN-α secretion. Type C CpG ODNs combine features of both types A and B.
They contain a complete phosphorothioate backbone and a CpG-containing palindromic motif. Type C CpG ODNs are potent inducers of IFN-α from pDC and strong B cell activators [5, 6].
ODN 2395 is a CpG ODN type C specific for human / murine TLR9 .
1. Krieg, A.M. et al., 1995. CpG motifs in bacterial DNA trigger direct B-cell activation. Nature, 374(6522):546-9.
2. Bauer, S. et al., 2001. Human TLR9 confers responsiveness to bacterial DNA via species-specific CpG motif recognition. PNAS. 98(16):9237-42.
3. Krug A. et al., 2001. Identification of CpG oligonucleotide sequences with high induction of IFN- alpha/beta in plasmacytoid dendritic cells. Eur J Immunol, 31(7): 2154-63.
4. Marshall JD. et al., 2005. Superior activity of the type C class of ISS in vitro and in vivo across multiple species. DNA Cell Biol. 24(2):63-72.
5. Jurk M. et al., 2004. C-Class CpG ODN: sequence requirements and characterization of immunostimulatory activities on mRNA level. Immunobiology. 209(1-2):141-54.
6. Abel K. et al., 2005. Deoxycytidyl-deoxyguanosine oligonucleotide classes A, B, and C induce distinct cytokine gene expression patterns in rhesus monkey peripheral blood mononuclear cells and distinct alpha interferon responses in TLR9-expressing rhesus monkey plasmacytoid dendritic cells. Clin Diagn Lab Immunol. 12(5):606-21.
7. Roda JM. et al., 2005. CpG-containing oligodeoxynucleotides act through TLR9 to enhance the NK cell cytokine response to antibodycoated tumor cells. J Immunol. 175(3):1619-27.
Specificity: human/murine TLR9 agonist
Working concentration: 1-5 µM
Solubility: 5 mg/ml in water
ODN 2395 sequence
5’-tcgtcgttttcggcgc:gcgccg-3’ (22 mer)
Note: Bases are phosphorothioate (nuclease resistant), palindrome is underlined.
- Human TLR9 (hTLR9) and murine TLR9 (mTLR9) activity has been tested using HEK-Blue™ hTLR9 and HEK-Blue™ mTLR9 cells.
- The absence of bacterial contamination (e.g. lipoproteins and endotoxins) has been confirmed using HEK-Blue™ TLR2 and HEK-Blue™ TLR4 cells.
ODN 2395 is provided lyophilized and is available in three quantities.
tlrl-2395 (formerly tlrl-odnc):
- 200 μg (28.37 nmol) lyophilized ODN 2395
- 1.5 ml sterile endotoxin-free water
tlrl-2395-1 (formerly tlrl-odnc-1):
- 1 mg (141.85 nmol): tlrl-2395-1 (formerly tlrl-odnc-1)
- 1.5 ml sterile endotoxin-free water
tlrl-2395-5 (formerly tlrl-odnc-5):
- 5 mg (709.25 nmol): tlrl-2395-5 (formerly tlrl-odnc-5)
- 10 ml sterile endotoxin-free water
ODN 2395 is shipped at room temperature.
Upon receipt, store at -20°C.Back to the top