Poly(I:C) (LMW) / LyoVec™
|Poly(I:C) (LMW) / LyoVec™||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
dsRNA - complexed with transfection reagent
Poly(I:C) is a synthetic dsRNA polymer. Unlike naked poly(I:C) which is recognized by TLR3, transfected poly(I:C) is sensed by RIG-I/MDA-5 in a cell-type-specific manner [1,2].
Poly(I:C) (LMW)/LyoVec are complexes between poly(I:C) low molecular weight (LMW) and the transfection reagent LyoVec™.
These complexes induce the activation of the RIG-I/MDA-5 signaling pathway at concentrations ranging from 100 ng to 1 µg/ml in C57/WT murine embryonic fibroblasts (MEFs).
As the size of poly(I:C) has been shown to influence RIG-I/MDA-5 activation , we also provide the high molecular weight Poly(I:C) (HMW)/LyoVec.
1. Gitlin L. et al., 2006. Essential role of mda-5 in type I IFN responses to polyriboinosinic:polyribocytidylic acid and encephelamyocarditis picornavirus. PNAS 103(22):8459-8464.
2. Kato H. et al., 2005. Cell type-specific involvement of RIG-I in antiviral response. Immunity. 23(1):19-28.
3. Kato H et al., 2008, Length-dependent recognition of double-stranded ribonucleic acids by retinoic acid-inducible gene-I and melanoma differentiation-associated gene 5. J. Exp Med. 205(7): 1601-1610
Specificity: RIG-I/MDA-5 agonist.
Working Concentration: 100 ng- 1 μg/ml.
Endotoxin level: <0.05 EU/mg.
Solubility: 50 µg/µl in water.Back to the top
Poly(I:C)-LMW/LyoVec™ complexes are provided lyophilized.
- 4 x 25 μg lyophilized poly(I:C)-LMW/LyoVec™ 1:6 ratio (w/w)
- 10 ml endotoxin-free water
Note: Each vial contains 25 μg of poly(I:C)-LMW complexed with 150 μg LyoVec™. Poly(I:C)-LMW (low molecular weight) has an average size of 0.2-1 kb.
Poly(I:C)-LMW/LyoVec™ are shipped at room temperature.
Store at -20°C. (Upon resuspension, store product at 4°C).
Lyophilized product is stable 1 year at -20°C. (Resuspended product is stable 1 week at 4°C).Back to the top