|5'ppp-dsRNA Control||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Control for 5'ppp-dsRNA
|5'ppp-dsRNA Control / LyoVec™||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Control ligand for RIG-I - complexed with transfection reagent
Negative control for 5′ppp-dsRNA
5’ppp-dsRNA Control is a negative control for 5’ triphosphate double-stranded RNA (5’ppp-dsRNA), a synthetic ligand for the retinoic acid-inducible protein I (RIG-I, also known as Ddx58). RIG-I is a cytoplasmic RNA helicase that belongs to the RIG-I-like receptors (RLRs) family and triggers an antiviral immune response by the activation of type-I interferons (IFN-α and -β) . RIG-I detects viral RNAs that exhibit an uncapped 5’-di/triphosphate end and a short blunt-ended double-strand portion, two essential features facilitating discrimination from self-RNAs [2-4]. 5’ppp-dsRNA Control is a 19 mer blunt-end dsRNA without a 5’triphosphate.
5’ppp-dsRNA Control must be delivered into the cytoplasm, for example by using a transfection agent, such as LyoVec™.
Key features of 5'ppp-dsRNA Control:
- Negative control for the specific RIG-I specific agonist 5'ppp-dsRNA (it does not contain the 5' triphosphate moiety).
- Its biological activity has been verified using cellular assays.
- For your convenience, pre-complexed 5'ppp-dsRNA Control/ LyoVec™ is also available.
Read our review on RIG-I and cancer immunotherapy.
Learn more about RIG-I and STING alliance.
1. Yoneyama M. & Fujita T., 2007. Function of RIG-I-like Receptors in Antiviral Innate Immunity. J. Biol. Chem. 282:15315-8.
2. Schlee M. et al., 2009. Recognition of 5’ triphosphate by RIG-I helicase requires short blunt double-stranded RNA as contained in pandhandle of negative-strand virus. Immunity. 17;31(1):25-34.
3. Schmidt A. et al., 2009. 5’-triphosphate RNA requires base-paired structures to activate antiviral signaling via RIG-I. PNAS 106(29):12067-72.
4. Schlee M. & Hartmann G., 2010. The chase for the RIG-I ligand - recent advances. Mol Ther. 18(7):1254-62.
5’- GCAUGCGACCUCUGUUUGA -3’ (19 mer)
3’- CGUACGCUGGAGACAAACU -5’ (19 mer)
Formulation: Naked or pre-complexed with LyoVec™
Working Concentration: 300 ng- 1 μg/ml
- 0.1 mg/ml in water for Naked 5'ppp-dsRNA Control
- 50 µg/ml in water for pre-complexed 5'ppp-dsRNA Control/LyoVec™
- The absence of biological activity has been verified using cellular assays.
- The absence of bacterial contamination (lipoproteins and endotoxins) has been confirmed using HEK-Blue™ TLR2 and HEK-Blue™ TLR4 cells.
5’ppp-dsRNA Control Naked is available in two quantities:
- 25 μg 5’ppp-dsRNA Control naked.
- 2 ml sterile endotoxin-free water.
- 100 μg (4x25μg) 5’ppp-dsRNA Control naked.
- 10 ml sterile endotoxin-free water.
5’ppp-dsRNA Control/LyoVec™ is available in two quantities:
- 25 μg 5’ppp-dsRNA Control complexed with 50 µg of LyoVec™
- 2 ml sterile endotoxin-free water
- 4 x (25μg 5’ppp-dsRNA Control complexed with 50 µg of LyoVec™)
- 10 ml sterile endotoxin-free water
5’ppp-dsRNA Control and 5’ppp-dsRNA Control/LyoVec™ are provided lyophilized and shipped at room temperature.
Store lyophilized 5’ppp-dsRNA Control and 5’ppp-dsRNA Control/LyoVec™ at -20°C.
Lyophilized product is stable for 1 year when stored -20°C.Back to the top