|PGN-SAndi ultrapure, insoluble||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Insoluble peptidoglycan from S. aureus
Insoluble Peptidoglycan from Staphylococcus aureus
Peptidoglycan (PDN) is a major surface component of Gram-positive bacteria. It is embedded in a relatively thick cell wall and is usually covalently attached to other polymers, such as lipoproteins and LTAs. PGN is known to be a potent activator of NF-κB and TNF-α through TLR2 .However, other pattern recognition proteins have been reported to mediate the immunostimulatory activity of PGN [2, 3, 4]. This discrepancy is correlated to the method of purification. According to Travassos et al., the presence of these polymers in most preparations of PGN is responsible for the TLR2-dependent activity of PGN .
PGN-SAndi from S. aureus is an insoluble preparation of PGNs purified by detergent lysis and hydrolysis under basic conditions to eliminate lipophilic constituents.This PGN preparation has lost its ability to activate TLR2-transfected HEK293 cells but still activate NOD2-transfected cells.
1. Takeuchi O. et al. 1999. Differential roles of TLR2 and TLR4 in recognition of gram-negative and gram-positive bacterial cell wall copmonents. Immunity, 11(4):443-51.
2. Travassos.LH. et al., 2004. Toll-like receptor 2-dependent bacterial sensing does not occur via peptidoglycan recognition. EMBO Rep. 5(10):1000-1006.
3.Girardin SE et al., 2003. Peptidoglycan molecular requirements allowing detection by Nod1 and Nod2. J Biol Chem. 278(43):41702-8.
4. Dziarski R., 2004. Peptidoglycan recognition proteins (PGRPs). Mol Immunol. 40(12): 877-86.
Specificity: NOD1/NOD2 agonist
Working Concentration: 1 - 5 µg/ml
Endotoxin level: EndoFit™ (<0.001 EU/μg)
Resuspension: 200 μg/ml in water.
Note: PGN-SAndi ultrapure is insoluble. The suspension appears hazy.Back to the top
PGN-SAndi ultrapure is provided as a lyophilized white solid
- 5 mg insoluble peptidoglycan from Staphylococcus aureus (PGN-SAndi) ultrapure
- 25 ml sterile endotoxin-free water
PGN-SAndi ultrapure is shipped at room temperature.
Store at -20°C. Resuspended PGN-SAndi ultrapure can be stored at 4°C for 1 month or at -20°C for at least 6 months.Back to the top