|ODN INH-18||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
TLR9 antagonist - Class B inhibitory
TLR9 antagonist - Class B inhibitory ODN oligonucleotide
Toll-Like Receptor 9 (TLR9) detects unmethylated CpG dinucleotides in bacterial or viral DNA inducing strong immunostimulatory effects.
TLR9 activation can be mimicked by synthetic phosphorothioate-stabilized oligodeoxynucleotides (ODN) containing immune stimulatory “CpG motifs”.
Studies suggest the existence of DNA sequences that can neutralize the stimulatory effect of CpG ODNs.
ODN INH-18 is a linear and class R (‘restricted’) inhibitory ODN. It contains an inhibitory DNA motif consisting of two nucleotide triplets, a proximal CCT and a more distal GGG, spaced from each other by four nucleotides.
ODN INH-18 is a potent inhibitor of TLR9-induced B cells and macrophages . ODN INH-18 strongly blocks TLR9 activation in both human and mouse TLR9-expressing cells.
1. Lenert P. et al., 2009. DNA-like class R inhibitory oligonucleotides (INH-ODNs) preferentially block autoantigen-induced B-cell and dendritic cell activation in vitro and autoantibody production in lupus-prone MRL-Fas(lpr/lpr) mice in vivo. Arthritis Res Ther. 11(3):R79.Back to the top
Specificity: TLR9 antagonist
ODN INH-18 sequence
5’-cct gga tgg gaa ctt acc gct gca-3’ (24 mer)
Note: Bases are phosphorothioate (nuclease resistant).
- Inhibition of TLR9 activity has been tested using HEK-Blue™ TLR9 cells.
- The absence of bacterial contamination (e.g. lipoproteins and endotoxins) has been confirmed using HEK-Blue™ TLR2 and HEK-Blue™ TLR4 cells.
- 200 μg (25.9 nmol) of ODN INH-18 provided lyophilized
Note: ODN INH-18 is sterile filtered prior to lyophilization.
- 1.5 ml endotoxin-free water
ODN INH-18 is shipped at room temperature.
Upon receipt, store at -20 °C.Back to the top