|ODN 4084-F||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Class B inhibitory ODN
TLR9 Antagonist - Class B inhibitory ODN
Toll-Like Receptor 9 (TLR9) detects unmethylated CpG dinucleotides in bacterial or viral DNA inducing strong immunostimulatory effects.
TLR9 activation can be mimicked by synthetic phosphorothioate-stabilized oligodeoxynucleotides (ODN) containing immune stimulatory “CpG motifs”.
Recent studies suggest the existence of DNA sequences that can neutralize the stimulatory effect of CpG ODNs.
ODN 4084-F belongs to a new class of inhibitory ODNs [1-2]. It contains an inhibitory DNA motif consisting of two nucleotide triplets, a proximal CCT and a more distal GGG, spaced from each other by four nucleotides.
ODN 4084-F is the shortest active inhibitory ODN. ODN 4084-F is linear and a class B (‘broadly-active') inhibitory ODN. ODN 4084-F is potent inhibitor of TLR9-induced B cells and macrophages .
1. Lenert P. et al., 2003. Structural characterization of the inhibitory DNA motif for the type A (D)-CpG-induced cytokine secretion and NK-cell lytic activity in mouse spleen cells. DNA Cell Biol. 22(10):621-31.
2. Lenert PS., 2006. Targeting Toll-like receptor signaling in plasmacytoid dendritic cells and autoreactive B cells as a therapy for lupus.Arthritis Res Ther. 8(1):203.
3. Lenert P. et al., 2009. DNA-like class R inhibitory oligonucleotides (INH-ODNs) preferentially block autoantigen-induced B-cell and dendritic cell activation in vitro and autoantibody production in lupus-prone MRLFas (lpr/lpr) mice in vivo. Arthritis Res Ther. 11(3):R79.
Specificity: Class B inhibitory ODN
Working concentration: 100 nM - 10 µM
Solubility: 2 mg/ml in water
ODN 4084-F sequence
5’- cctggatgggaa -3’
Note: Bases are phosphorothioate (nuclease resistant).
- The absence of bacterial contamination (e.g. lipoproteins and endotoxins) has been confirmed using HEK-Blue™ TLR2 and HEK-Blue™ TLR4 cells.
- 200 μg (51 nmol) lyophilized ODN 4084-F
- 1.5 ml endotoxin-free water
ODN 4084-F is shipped at room temperature.
Upon receipt, store at -20 °C.Back to the top