Anti-hDectin-2 Detection and Neutralizing mAb
|Anti-hDectin-2-IgG||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Antibody against human Dectin-2 (clone Q7-4B5)
You may also need : Mouse Control IgG2a | View more associated products ▼
Human Dectin-2 Detection and Neutralizing Antibody - Monoclonal mouse IgG2a
Neutralizing and detection antibody against hDectin-2
Anti-hDectin-2-IgG (clone Q7-4B5) is a monoclonal mouse IgG2a antibody against human Dectin-2 (hDectin-2). This antibody was screened for neutralization activity and flow cytometry. It is produced in hybridomas and purified by affinity chromatography with protein G.
Dectin-2 is a C-type lectin receptor (CLR) and plays an important role in antifungal innate immunity [1, 2]. It binds high mannose-type carbohydrates and has been demonstrated to be the functional receptor for α-mannans.
- Targets human Dectin-2
- Provided azide-free
- Each lot is functionally tested
Read our review on C-Type Lectin Receptors
1. Hou H. et al., 2017. C-type Lectin Receptor: Old Friend and New Player. Med Chem. 2017;13(6):536-543.
2. Wang H.L. et al., 2017. Ligation of Dectin-2 with a novel microbial ligand promotes adjuvant activity for vaccination. PLoS Pathog. 213(8):e1006568.
Target: Human Dectin-2 (hDectin-2)
Specificity: No cross-reactivity with murine Dectin-2
Clonality: Monoclonal antibody
Isotype: Mouse IgG2a, kappa
Control: Mouse Control IgG2a
Source: Hybridoma cells
Formulation: 0.2 µm filtered solution in a sodium phosphate buffer with saccharose, glycine, and stabilizing agents.
Purity: Purified by affinity chromatography with protein G
Applications: Neutralization/block; Flow cytometry
- This product has been validated for neutralization using cellular assays.
- Binding of Anti-hDectin-2-IgG to hDectin-2 on cells has been validated using flow cytometry.
- The absence of bacterial contamination (e.g. lipoproteins and endotoxins) has been confirmed using HEK-Blue™ TLR2 and HEK‑Blue™ TLR4 cells.
- 100 µg of purified anti-hDectin-2-IgG, provided azide-free and lyophilized
Product is shipped at room temperature.
Upon receipt, store lyophilized antibody at -20°C.
Back to the top
Dectin-2 is a member of the C-type lectin receptor (CLR) family and plays an important role in antifungal innate immunity .
CLRs comprise a large family of receptors that bind to carbohydrates in a calcium-dependent manner. The lectin activity of these receptors is mediated by conserved carbohydrate-recognition domains (CRDs).
Dectin-2 is a type II transmembrane CLRs with a single CRD domain. Dectin-2 binds high mannose-type carbohydrates and was shown to be the functional receptor for a-mannans. Upon binding to its ligand, Dectin-2 signals through the kinase Syk and the adaptors CARD9/Bcl-10/MALT1 triggering the activation of NF-kB and the subsequent production of pro-inflammatory cytokines [1, 2].
Dectin-2 is implicated in anti-bacterial immunity and allergy . In fact, it has been demonstrated that Dectin-2 is important for the induction of Th17 in response to fungal infection .
1. Sancho D & Reis e Sousa C., 2012. Signaling by myeloid C-type lectin receptors in immunity and homeostasis. Annu Rev Immunol. 30:491-529.
2. Hernández-Santos N. & Gaffen SL., 2012. Th17 cells in immunity to Candida albicans. Cell Host Microbe. 11(5):425-35.
3. Drummond R. et al., 2011. The role of Syk/CARD9 coupled C-type lectins in antifungal immunity. Eur J Immunol. 41:276-81.
4. Saijo S. et al., 2010. Dectin-2 recognition of alpha-mannans and induction of Th17 cell differentiation is essential for host defense against Candida albicans. Immunity. 32(5):681-91.