Human PD-L1-expressing Raji Cells
|Raji-hPD-L1 Cells||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Human lymphoblast cells - ADCC PD-L1 Target Cells
3-7 x 10e6 cells
Human PD-L1-expressing B cells
Raji-hPD-L1 cells were developed from the Raji cell line, a human B lymphocyte-derived cell line. Raji cells have been successfully used as target cells in CAR-T toxicity assays as well as in human effector studies such as antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity (ADCC), either with peripheral blood mononuclear cells, natural killer (NK) cells, or T cell-derived Jurkat reporter cells.
PD-L1 (programmed cell death ligand 1; also known as CD274 or B7-H1) is a transmembrane protein expressed at the cell surface of hematopoietic and nonhematopoietic cells and is induced by pro-inflammatory cytokines, such as in the tumor microenvironment . PD-L1 is one ligand for PD-1, an inhibitory immune checkpoint receptor that is expressed by activated and exhausted T cells. PD-1:PD-L1 interaction induces inhibition of T-cell receptor signaling, thereby preventing T-cell overstimulation and host damage .
Features of Raji-hPD-L1 cells:
- Stable overexpression of the human PD-L1 gene
- Characterized by a number of cell-surface expressed markers including the B cell receptor (BCR), CD19, and CD20
- Constitutive expression of various immune checkpoints (ICs) such as CD27, CD70, CD80, PD-L1, and 4-1BBL
- The stability for 20 passages following thawing has been verified
Applications for Raji-hPD-L1 cells:
- Target cell line for ADCC assays using InvivoGen's Jurkat-Lucia™ NFAT-CD16 cells
- Target cell line for cell toxicity assays using NK or CAR-T cells
- For use in the development of other functional assays
Validation of Raji-hPD-L1 cells:
- Overexpression of PD-L1 verified by flow cytometry
- Functionally tested as target cells in ADCC assays using anti-human PD-L1 monoclonal Abs and Jurkat-Lucia™ NFAT-CD16 cells
- Guaranteed mycoplasma-free
1. Ribas A. and Wolchock J.D., 2018. Cancer immunotherapy using checkpoint blockade. Science. 359:1350-55.
Validation of the expression of human PD-L1 by Raji-hPD-L1 cells. Raji-Null (A) and Raji‑hPD-L1 (B) cells were incubated with a PE‑conjugated Anti-hPD-L1 mAb for 30 minutes. The binding affinity was then measured using flow cytometry.
Comparison of ADCC potency for native and engineered anti-human PD-L1 antibody isotypes. Raji-hPD-L1 cells were incubated with gradient concentrations of Anti-hPD-L1 or Anti-β-galactosidase (β-gal) mAbs for 1 hour. Jurkat-Lucia™ NFAT-CD16 effector cells were then co-incubated with target cells for 6 hours. NFAT activation, reflecting the induced ADCC response, was assessed by determining Lucia luciferase activity in the supernatant using QUANTI-Luc™. Percentages of the maximal response normalized to the IgG1 isotype are shown.
Antibiotic resistance: Blasticidin
Growth medium: IMDM, 2 mM L-glutamine, 25 mM HEPES, 10% heat-inactivated fetal bovine serum (FBS; 30 min at 56 °C), 10 μg/ml Blasticidin, Pen-Strep (100 U/ml-100 µg/ml)
Test medium: IMDM, 2 mM L-glutamine, 25 mM HEPES, 10% heat-inactivated FBS, Pen-Strep (100 U/ml-100 µg/ml)
- Human PD-L1 overexpression has been verified by flow-cytometry.
- Induction of antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity (ADCC) has been validated using InvivoGen’s anti-hPD-L1-hIgG1 antibody and Jurkat-NFAT Lucia™ CD16 reporter cell line.
- The stability for 20 passages following thawing has been verified.
- Raji-hPD-L1 cells are guaranteed mycoplasma-free.
These products are covered by a Limited Use License (See Terms and Conditions).Back to the top
- 3-7 x 106 Raji-hPD-L1 cells in a cryovial or shipping flask.
- 1 ml of Blasticidin (10 mg/ml). Store at 4 °C or at -20 °C.
- 1 ml of Normocin™ (50 mg/ml). Normocin™ is a formulation of three antibiotics active against mycoplasmas, bacteria and fungi. Store at -20 °C.
IMPORTANT: Cells are shipped frozen. If cells are not frozen upon arrival, contact InvivoGen immediately.
Shipped on dry ice (Europe, USA & Canada)Back to the top