|Anti-hTNF-α-hIgA2||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Human TNF-α (adalimumab) antibody - Human IgA2
Neutralizing human IgA2 monoclonal antibody against human TNF-α
Anti-hTNF-α-hIgA2 is a neutralizing monoclonal antibody (mAb) featuring the constant region of the human IgA2 (hIgA2) isotype and the variable region of adalimumab, a fully human therapeutic mAb that targets human tumor necrosis factor-alpha (hTNF-α). TNF-α is a pleiotropic cytokine that notably induces NF-κB-mediated production of pro-inflammatory cytokines [1,2]. The variable region of adalimumab blocks the interaction of TNF-α with its receptors TFNR1 and TNFR2, thereby downregulating the inflammatory responses associated with autoimmune diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis and Crohn’s disease [1,2]. The hIgA2 isotype is highly resistant to enzymatic degradation by bacterial proteases, due to a short hinge region. Human IgA2 displays low potency for Fc-mediated antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity (ADCC) and antibody-dependent cellular phagocytosis (ADCP), and it does not mediate complement-dependent cytotoxicity (CDC).
Anti-hTNF-α-hIgA2 was generated by recombinant DNA technology. It is produced in CHO cells and purified by affinity chromatography with peptide M. The neutralizing activity of anti-hTNF-α-hIgA2 antibody was determined using HEK-Blue™ TNF-α cells.
Learn more on antibody isotype effector functions by reading our flyer on Clinically-relevant monoclonal antibodies
1. Steeland S., et al. 2018. A new venue of TNF targeting. Int. J. Mol. Sci. 19:1442.
2. Shealy D.J. & Visvanathan S. 2008. Anti-TNF antibodies: lessons from the past, roadmap for the future. Therapeutic Antibodies (book). 101-129.
Specificity: Human TNF-α (hTNF-α)
Clonality: Monoclonal antibody
Isotype: Human IgA2, kappa
Source: Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cells
Purification: Affinity chromatography with peptide M
Formulation: 0.2 µm filtered solution in TRIS buffer with glycine, saccharose and stabilizing agents
Tested application: Neutralization of hTNF-α signaling.
- Human IgA2 isotype has been confirmed by ELISA.
- The neutralization of hTNF-α signaling pathway has been confirmed using cellular assays with the HEK-Blue™ TNF-α cells.
- The absence of bacterial contamination (e.g. lipoproteins and endotoxins) has been confirmed using HEK-Blue™ TLR2 and HEK-Blue™ TLR4 cells.
- 100 µg purified anti-hTNFα-hIgA2 antibody, provided azide-free and lyophilized
Product is shipped at room temperature.
Store lyophilized antibody at -20°C.
Lyophilized product is stable for 1 year when stored at -20°C.Back to the top