Murine Anti-mCD20 mAb
|Anti-mCD20-mIgG2a InvivoFit™||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
18B12-derived mouse monoclonal antibody against murine CD20
Recombinant mouse mAb against murine CD20 for in vivo use
Anti-mCD20-mIgG2a InvivoFit™ is a mouse anti-mouse monoclonal antibody (mAb) featuring the variable region of the previously described anti-mCD20 18B12 clone . Using recombinant technology, the original 18B12 murine IgG1 constant region has been replaced with a murine IgG2a format which mediates potent cytotoxic functions .
CD20 is a cell surface protein mainly expressed by resting and activated B lymphocytes, but not plasma cells . CD20 is also expressed by most malignant B cells, which makes it an ideal target for antibody-based immunotherapies against lymphoid malignancies [3-6].
The anti-mCD20 18B12 mAb is commonly used for in vivo depletion of the CD20+ B cell population to study the role of B cells in various immune responses, including auto-immune or tumoral contexts [1, 7].
Key features of Anti-mCD20-mIgG2a InvivoFit™:
- Derives from the 18B12 clone, mouse IgG1, κ
- Features the mIgG2a isotype (constant region)
- Guaranteed sterile, endotoxin level < 1 EU/mg
- Suitable for parental delivery in mice (azide-free)
- Low aggregation < 5%
- Produced in animal-free facilities and defined media
Anti-mCD20-mIgG2a InvivoFit™ is produced in Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cells, purified by affinity chromatography with protein A, and provided in an InvivoFit™ grade, a high-quality standard specifically adapted to in vivo studies. The specific binding of this mAb to mCD20 has been confirmed by FACS (see Figure).
1. Ahuja A. et al., 2007. Depletion of B cells in murine lupus: efficacy and resistance. J. Immunol. 179(5):3351-3361.
2. Nimmerjahn F. & Ravetch J.V., 2005. Divergent immunoglobulin g subclass activity through selective Fc receptor binding. Science. 310(5753):1510-2.
3. Uchida J. et al., 2004. Mouse CD20 expression and function Int Immunol. 16(1):119-29.
4 Cvetković R.S. & Perry C.M., 2006. Rituximab. Drugs. 66:791-820.
5. Freeman C. L. & Sehn L. H., 2018. A tale of two antibodies: obinutuzumab versus rituximab. Br. J. Haematol. 182(1):29-45.
6. Soe Z. N. & Allsup D., 2017. The use of ofatumumab in the treatment of B-cell malignancies. Future Oncol. 13(29):2611-2628.
7. Maglioco A. et al., 2017. B cells inhibit the antitumor immunity against an established murine fibrosarcoma. Oncology letters. 13(5):3225-3232.
Cell surface staining of murine CD20 using Anti-mCD20-mIgG2a InvivoFit™ mAb.
~5x105 HEK293 (parental) or HEK-mCD20 cells were incubated with 2 µg of Anti‑mCD20‑mIgG2a InvivoFit™ mAb or isotype control for 1h at 4°C. Cells were then washed and incubated with 0.25 µg of goat anti-mIgG2a coupled to PE for 1h at 4°C. Cell surface staining was analyzed by flow cytometry.
Analysis of CD19+ regulatory T cell population in mice upon injection of Anti-mCD20-mIgG2a InvivoFit™ mAb.
SWR/Jmice were injected intraperitoneally (IP) at day 0, +2, +4, and +7 with 200 μg of the depleting Anti-mCD20-mIgG2a InvivoFit™ mAb or Mouse IgG2a control. At day +7 and +14, peripheral blood monocytes (PBMCs) and splenocytes were stained with the following conjugated antibodies: Anti-CD20-PE (clone SA271G2), Anti-CD19-PeCy7 (clone 6D5), according to standard procedures. Cell surface staining was analyzed by flow cytometry.
(A) Frequency of CD20+CD19+ cells among PBMCs and splenocytes at day+7 and day+14.
(B) Representative FACS staining of PBMCs at day +7.
Specificity: Targets cells expressing murine CD20
Formulation: Lyophilized from 0.2 μm filtered solution in 150 mM sodium chloride, 20 mM sodium phosphate buffer with 5% saccharose
Clonality: Monoclonal antibody
Isotype: Murine IgG2a, kappa
Source: CHO cells
Purity: Purified by affinity chromatography with protein A
Applications: Flow cytometry; in vivo depletion
- Binding of Anti-mCD20-mIgG2a InvivoFit™ to mCD20 has been confirmed using Flow cytometry
- The complete sequence of the antibody construct has been verified
- < 5% aggregates (confirmed by size exclusion chromatography)
- Guaranteed sterile and <1 EU/mg (determined by the LAL assay)
Anti-mCD20-mIgG2a InvivoFit™ is provided sterile, endotoxin-free, azide-free, and lyophilized.
This product is available in two pack sizes:
- mcd20-mab10-1: 1 mg
- mcd20-mab10-10: 10 mg
The product is shipped at room temperature.
Store lyophilized antibody at -20 °C.
Lyophilized product is stable for at least 1 year
Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.Back to the top
The cluster of differentiation 20 (CD20, aka Ly-44, or B-lymphocyte antigen) is a ~35 KDa cell surface protein mainly expressed by resting and activated B lymphocytes, but not plasma cells . CD20 is also expressed by most malignant B cells, which makes it an ideal target for antibody-based immunotherapies against lymphoid malignancies [1-4]. For example, Rituximab, Obinutuzumab, and Ofatumumab are FDA-approved monoclonal anti-human CD20 antibodies for the treatment of B-cell non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma and B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia [1-4]. These antibodies mediate the target cell destruction through different mechanisms including direct signaling of apoptosis, complement activation (CDC), and cell-mediated cytotoxicity (ADCC).
1. Uchida J. et al., 2004. Mouse CD20 expression and function Int Immunol. 16(1):119-29.
2. Cvetković R.S. & Perry C.M., 2006. Rituximab. Drugs. 66:791-820.
3. Freeman C. L. & Sehn L. H., 2018. A tale of two antibodies: obinutuzumab versus rituximab. Br. J. Haematol. 182(1):29-45.
4. Soe Z. N. & Allsup D., 2017. The use of ofatumumab in the treatment of B-cell malignancies. Future Oncol. 13(29):2611-2628.