|Anti-HER2-Tra-hIgG4 (S228P)||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
HER2 (trastuzumab) antibody - Human IgG4 (S228P)
Monoclonal human IgG4 (S228P) antibody against HER2
Anti-HER2-Tra-hIgG4 (S228P) features the constant region of the human IgG4 (S228P) isotype and the variable region of trastuzumab. Trastuzumab is a humanized IgG1 monoclonal antibody that targets the HER2 receptor (human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 also known as HER2/neu) that is found on the cell membrane of epithelial cells. HER2 plays an important role in normal cell growth and differentiation . However, in certain types of cancers, particularly in breast and ovarian cancers, HER2 is over-expressed and causes uncontrollable cell proliferation. Binding of trastuzumab to HER2 results in cell death through different mechanisms including antibody-dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity and phagocytosis [2, 3]. Trastuzumab has been approved by the FDA for the treatment of breast cancer.
Anti-HER2-Tra-hIgG4 (S228P) contains an engineered hinge region mutation (S228P) designed to prevent exchange of IgG4 molecules.
Anti-HER2-Tra-hIgG4 (S228P) was generated by recombinant DNA technology. It has been produced in CHO cells and purified by affinity chromatography with protein G.
1. Rubin I. & Yarden Y. 2001. The basic biology of HER2. Ann Oncol.12 Suppl 1:S3-8.
2. Collins DM. et al., 2012. Trastuzumab induces antibody-dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity (ADCC) in HER-2-non-amplified breast cancer cell lines. Ann Oncol. 23(7):1788-95.
3. Petricevic B. et al., 2013. Trastuzumab mediates antibody-dependent cell- mediated cytotoxicity and phagocytosis to the same extent in both adjuvant and metastatic HER2/neu breast cancer patients. J Transl Med. 11:307.
Comparison of ADCC potency for native and engineered anti-HER2 antibody isotypes. Raji-HER2 cells were incubated with gradient concentrations of Anti-HER2-Tra mAbs, which feature the Trastuzumab variable region, or an Anti-β-galactosidase (β-Gal) mAb for 1 hour. Jurkat-Lucia™ NFAT-CD16 effector cells were then co-incubated with target cells for 6 hours. NFAT activation, reflecting the induced ADCC response, was assessed by determining Lucia luciferase activity in the supernatant using QUANTI-Luc™. Percentages of the maximal response normalized to the IgG1 isotype are shown.
Specificity: Targets cells expressing HER2
Clonality: Monoclonal antibody
Isotype: Human IgG4 (S228P), kappa
Source: CHO cells
Purity: Purified by affinity chromatography with protein G
- Binding of Anti-HER2-Tra-hIgG4 (S228P) to HER2 has been tested using flow cytometry.
- The complete sequence of this antibody has been verified.
- The absence of bacterial contamination (e.g. lipoproteins and endotoxins) has been confirmed using HEK-Blue™ TLR2 and HEK-Blue™ TLR4 cells.
anti-HER2-Tra-hIgG4 (S228P) antibody is provided azide-free and lyophilized.
- 100 µg purified anti-HER2-Tra-hIgG4 (S228P) antibody
Product is shipped at room temperatureBack to the top