Alhydrogel® adjuvant 2%
Vaccine Adjuvant: Aluminium hydroxide gel
Alhydrogel® adjuvant 2%, referred to as alum, is an aluminium hydroxide wet gel suspension. Alum induces a Th2 response by improving the attraction and uptake of antigen by antigen-presenting cells (APCs). It can also activate innate immunity pathways triggered by pattern recognition receptors (PRRs).
Alhydrogel® adjuvant is sterilized by autoclavation and aseptically filled.
InvivoGen products are for research purposes only; they are not for use in humans.
Alhydrogel® is a trademark, which belongs to Brenntag Nordic A/S (Brenntag Biosector A/S), and which is registered in a large number of countries and regions worldwide.
Specificity: Th2 response
CAS number: 21645-51-2
Aluminium content: 9.0 – 11.0 mg/ml
- Sterility tested
- Pyrogenicity tested
Working concentration: 1:9 - 1:1 (Alhydrogel:antigen)
• 250 ml Alhydrogel adjuvant 2%, provided as a ready-to-use, sterile wet gel suspension
Alhydrogel adjuvant 2% is shipped at room temperature and should be stored at room temperature. DO NOT FREEZE.
Alhydrogel adjuvant 2% is an aluminium hydroxide (referred to as alum) wet gel suspension. Alum acts primarily through the formation of a depot at the injection site, enabling enhanced antigen availability, activation of antigen presenting cells (APCs) and uptake by immune cells . It can also activate innate immunity pathways triggered by pattern recognition receptors (PRRs). The NLR pathway has been recently described as an important mechanism in alum adjuvancy . Alum has been shown to activate the NLRP3 inflammasome although its role in alum-induced antibody response is controversial .
1. Morefield GL. et al., 2005. Role of aluminum-containing adjuvants in antigen internalization by dendritic cells in vitro. Vaccine 23(13): 1588-95.
2. Li H. et al., 2008. Cutting edge: Inflammasome activation by alum and alum's adjuvant effect are mediated by NLRP3. J Immunol. 181(1):17-21.
3. Franchi L. & Nuñez G., 2008. The Nlrp3 inflammasome is critical for aluminium hydroxide-mediated IL-1beta secretion but dispensable for adjuvant activity. Eur. J. Immunol. 38(8):2085-9
Recent articles using InvivoGen Alhydrogel® adjuvant 2%
- 2016 - Nat Commun., 7:12838.
A polyvalent inactivated rhinovirus vaccine is broadly immunogenic in rhesus macaques.
Lee S. et al.
- 2016 - J Immunol., 197(4):1242-51.
Germinal Center B Cell and T Follicular Helper Cell Responses to Viral Vector and Protein-in-Adjuvant Vaccines.
Wang C. et al.
- 2016 - Vaccine., 34(3):306-12.
Optimization of physiological properties of hydroxyapatite as a vaccine adjuvant.
Hayashi M, Aoshi T, Kogai Y, Nomi D, Haseda Y, Kuroda E, Kobiyama K, Ishii KJ.
- 2016 - Vaccine., S0264-410X(16)00068-2.
Immunization with the Haemophilus ducreyi trimeric autotransporter adhesin DsrA with alum, CpG or imiquimod generates a persistent humoral immune response that recognizes the bacterial surface
Samo M, Choudhary NR, Riebe KJ, Shterev I, Staats HF, Sempowski GD, Leduc I.
- 2016 - J Clin Microbiol., 54(10):2553-62. d
Spatiotemporal Expression Patterns and Antibody Reactivity of Taeniidae Endophilin B1.
Ahn CS. et al.