Alhydrogel® adjuvant 2%
Vaccine Adjuvant: Aluminium hydroxide gel
Alhydrogel® adjuvant 2%, referred to as alum, is an aluminium hydroxide wet gel suspension. Alum induces a Th2 response by improving the attraction and uptake of antigen by antigen-presenting cells (APCs). It can also activate innate immunity pathways triggered by pattern recognition receptors (PRRs).
Alhydrogel® adjuvant is sterilized by autoclavation and aseptically filled.
InvivoGen products are for research purposes only; they are not for use in humans.
Alhydrogel® is a trademark, which belongs to Brenntag Nordic A/S (Brenntag Biosector A/S), and which is registered in a large number of countries and regions worldwide.
Specificity: Th2 response
CAS number: 21645-51-2
Aluminium content: 9.0 – 11.0 mg/ml
- Sterility tested
- Pyrogenicity tested
Working concentration: 1:9 - 1:1 (Alhydrogel:antigen)
• 250 ml Alhydrogel adjuvant 2%, provided as a ready-to-use, sterile wet gel suspension
Alhydrogel adjuvant 2% is shipped at room temperature and should be stored at room temperature. Product is stable for 6 months. DO NOT FREEZE.
Alhydrogel adjuvant 2% is an aluminium hydroxide (referred to as alum) wet gel suspension. Alum acts primarily through the formation of a depot at the injection site, enabling enhanced antigen availability, activation of antigen presenting cells (APCs) and uptake by immune cells . It can also activate innate immunity pathways triggered by pattern recognition receptors (PRRs). The NLR pathway has been recently described as an important mechanism in alum adjuvancy . Alum has been shown to activate the NLRP3 inflammasome although its role in alum-induced antibody response is controversial .
1. Morefield GL. et al., 2005. Role of aluminum-containing adjuvants in antigen internalization by dendritic cells in vitro. Vaccine 23(13): 1588-95.
2. Li H. et al., 2008. Cutting edge: Inflammasome activation by alum and alum's adjuvant effect are mediated by NLRP3. J Immunol. 181(1):17-21.
3. Franchi L. & Nuñez G., 2008. The Nlrp3 inflammasome is critical for aluminium hydroxide-mediated IL-1beta secretion but dispensable for adjuvant activity. Eur. J. Immunol. 38(8):2085-9
Recent articles using InvivoGen Alhydrogel® adjuvant 2%
- 2016 - Vaccine., 34(3):306-12.
Optimization of physiological properties of hydroxyapatite as a vaccine adjuvant.
Hayashi M, Aoshi T, Kogai Y, Nomi D, Haseda Y, Kuroda E, Kobiyama K, Ishii KJ.
- 2016 - Vaccine., S0264-410X(16)00068-2.
Immunization with the Haemophilus ducreyi trimeric autotransporter adhesin DsrA with alum, CpG or imiquimod generates a persistent humoral immune response that recognizes the bacterial surface
Samo M, Choudhary NR, Riebe KJ, Shterev I, Staats HF, Sempowski GD, Leduc I.
- 2015 - J Control Release., 204:38-50.
A method of lyophilizing vaccines containing aluminum salts into a dry powder without causing particle aggregation or decreasing the immunogenicity following reconstitution.
Li X, Thakkar SG, Ruwona TB, Williams RO, Cui Z.
- 2014 - Nat Biotechnol., 32(4):356-63
Complete humanization of the mouse immunoglobulin loci enables efficient therapeutic antibody discovery.
Lee EC, Liang Q, Ali H, Bayliss L, Beasley A, Bloomfield-Gerdes T, Bonoli L, Brown R, Campbell J, Carpenter A, Chalk S, Davis A, England N, Fane-Dremucheva A, Franz B, Germaschewski V, Holmes H, Holmes S, Kirby I, Kosmac M, Legent A, Lui H et al.
- 2014 - J Virol., 88(12):7045-53.
A conformation-dependent neutralizing monoclonal antibody specifically targeting receptor-binding domain in Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus spike protein.
Du L, Zhao G, Yang Y, Qiu H, Wang L, Kou Z, Tao X, Yu H, Sun S, Tseng CT, Jiang S, Li F, Zhou Y.