Vaccine Adjuvant: Aluminium hydroxide gel
Alhydrogel® 2%, referred to as alum, is an aluminium hydroxide wet gel suspension. Alum induces a Th2 response by improving the attraction and uptake of antigen by antigen-presenting cells (APCs). It can also activate innate immunity pathways triggered by pattern recognition receptors (PRRs).
Alhydrogel® is sterilized by autoclavation and aseptically filled. InvivoGen only sells products for research use
Alhydrogel® is a trademark of Brenntag Biosector.
Please note that our standard-sized Alhyydrogel® (250 mL) is currently on back order until February 2015; however, we are currently offering a larger size (Unit Size : 1 L., Cat. Code : Vac-alu-1000).
Specificity: Th2 response
Working concentration: 1:9 - 1:1 (Alhydrogel:antigen)
CAS number: 21645-51-2
Aluminium content: 9.0 – 11.0 mg/ml
Appearance: White gelatinous precipitate
- Alhydrogel® 2% is tested for pyrogenicity and sterility.
- Adjuvanticity of Alhydrogel® 2% was evaluated by assessing the levels of total mouse IgGs (mIgGs) and the mIgG1 and mIgG2 isotypes after two subcutaneous injections of EndoFit™ Ovalbumin/Alhydrogel® 2% (1:1, v/v) in mice. Results were compared to mice which received EndoFit™ Ovalbumin alone.
• 250 ml Alhydrogel 2%, provided as a ready-to-use, sterile wet gel suspension
Alhydrogel 2% is shipped at room temperature and should be stored at room temperature. Product is stable for 6 months. DO NOT FREEZE.
Alhydrogel 2% is an aluminium hydroxide (referred to as alum) wet gel suspension. Alum acts primarily through the formation of a depot at the injection site, enabling enhanced antigen availability, activation of antigen presenting cells (APCs) and uptake by immune cells . It can also activate innate immunity pathways triggered by pattern recognition receptors (PRRs). The NLR pathway has been recently described as an important mechanism in alum adjuvancy . Alum has been shown to activate the NLRP3 inflammasome although its role in alum-induced antibody response is controversial .
1. Morefield GL. et al., 2005. Role of aluminum-containing adjuvants in antigen internalization by dendritic cells in vitro. Vaccine 23(13): 1588-95.
2. Li H. et al., 2008. Cutting edge: Inflammasome activation by alum and alum's adjuvant effect are mediated by NLRP3. J Immunol. 181(1):17-21.
3. Franchi L. & Nuñez G., 2008. The Nlrp3 inflammasome is critical for aluminium hydroxide-mediated IL-1beta secretion but dispensable for adjuvant activity. Eur. J. Immunol. 38(8):2085-9
Recent articles using InvivoGen Alhydrogel® 2%
- 2014 - Nat Biotechnol., Epub ahead of print
Complete humanization of the mouse immunoglobulin loci enables efficient therapeutic antibody discovery.
Lee EC, Liang Q, Ali H, Bayliss L, Beasley A, Bloomfield-Gerdes T, Bonoli L, Brown R, Campbell J, Carpenter A, Chalk S, Davis A, England N, Fane-Dremucheva A, Franz B, Germaschewski V, Holmes H, Holmes S, Kirby I, Kosmac M, Legent A, Lui H et al.
- 2014 - J Virol., 88(12):7045-53.
A conformation-dependent neutralizing monoclonal antibody specifically targeting receptor-binding domain in Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus spike protein.
Du L, Zhao G, Yang Y, Qiu H, Wang L, Kou Z, Tao X, Yu H, Sun S, Tseng CT, Jiang S, Li F, Zhou Y.
- 2013 - PLoS One, 8(4):e61034
The hedgehog receptor patched1 in T cells is dispensable for adaptive immunity in mice.
Michel KD, Uhmann A, Dressel R, van den Brandt J, Hahn H, Reichardt HM
- 2013 - Clin Vaccine Immunol., 20(6):892-9
Evaluation of RevA, a fibronectin-binding protein of Borrelia burgdorferi, as a potential vaccine candidate for lyme disease.
Floden AM, Gonzalez T, Gaultney RA, Brissette CA
- 2013 - Semin Oncol., 40(3):347-60
Perspectives on immunotherapy in prostate cancer and solid tumors: where is the future?
Snyder A, Tepper JE, Slovin SF
|Description||Aluminium hydroxide gel|
|Unit Size||1 L|
|Price||For price or distributor address,
please select your country