Selection antibiotic: cell culture tested, sterile reagent
G418 (Geneticin) is an aminoglycoside antibiotic similar in structure to gentamicin B1, produced by Micromonospora rhodorangea. G418 blocks polypeptide synthesis by inhibiting the elongation step in both prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells. Resistance to G418 is conferred by the Neomycin resistance gene (neo) from Tn5 encoding an aminoglycoside 3‘-phosphotransferase, APH 3‘ II.
Selection in mammalian cells is usually achieved in three to seven days with concentrations ranging from 400 to 1000 µg/ml. Cells that are dividing are affected sooner than those that are not.
Product concentration: 100 mg/ml
Working concentration: 400 to 1000 µg/ml in mammalian cells
CAS number: 108321-42-2
Purity: ≥90% (HPLC)
Molecular weight: 692.7
Formula: C20H40N4O10. 2H2SO4
G418 Sulfate is supplied as a 100 mg/ml solution in H2O in different formats:
- 10 x 1 ml at 100 mg/ml (1 g)
- 1 x 50 ml at 100 mg/ml (5 g)
- Davies J & Jimenez A. 1980. A new selective agent for eukaryotic cloning vectors. Am J Trop Med Hyg 29(5 Suppl):1089-92
- Bar-Nun S et al. 1983. G-418, an elongation inhibitor of 80 S ribosomes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 741(1):123-7.
- Beck E et al. 1982. Nucleotide sequence and exact localization of the neomycin phosphotransferase gene from transposon Tn5. Gene 19(3):327-36
Recent articles using InvivoGen G418 (Geneticin)
- 2016 - Dev Comp Immunol., 54(1):75-88.
Structurally diverse genes encode Tlr2 in rainbow trout: The conserved receptor cannot be stimulated by classical ligands to activate NF-κB in vitro.
Brietzke A, Arnemo M, Gjøen T, Rebl H, Korytář T, Goldammer T, Rebl A, Seyfert HM.
- 2015 - J Virol., 89(5):2956-61.
Virion-independent transfer of replication-competent hepatitis C virus RNA between permissive cells.
Longatti A, Boyd B, Chisari FV.
- 2015 - Hum Mol Genet., [Epub ahead of print]
TBK1 controls autophagosomal engulfment of polyubiquitinated mitochondria through p62/SQSTM1 phosphorylation.
Matsumoto G, Shimogori T, Hattori N, Nukina N.
- 2015 - Biochem Pharmacol., 93(1):85-91.
New functional activity of aripiprazole revealed: Robust antagonism of D2 dopamine receptor-stimulated Gβγ signaling.
Brust TF, Hayes MP, Roman DL, Watts VJ.
- 2015 - Stem Cells Dev., ;24(20):2353-65
Molecular mechanisms regulating impaired neurogenesis of fragile X syndrome human embryonic stem cells.
Telias M, Mayshar Y, Amit A, Ben-Yosef D.
|Unit Size||1 g (10 x 1ml)|
|Price||For price or distributor address,
please select your country