Antimicrobial Agent for Primary Cells
Primocin™ is an antibiotic formulation specifically designed to protect primary cell lines from cell culture contaminations. Primocin™ is active against both Gram+ and Gram- bacteria, mycoplasmas and fungi. Primocin™ is the first formulation to offer complete protection against microbial contaminants. There is no need to add Pen-Strep.
Primocin™ is non-toxic to primary cells. It acts on targets found only in micro-organisms. Bacterial targets are the DNA gyrase and the prokaryotic ribosomal subunits, 30S and 50S. The fungal target is ergosterol, a molecule only found in the cell membrane of fungi and yeasts.
Primocin has been used successfully in many primary cells, including mouse- and human-tumor derived cell lines , embryonic cells  and induced pluripotent stem cells [3-6].
Product concentration: 50 mg/ml
Recommended working concentration: 100 μg/ml
One ml Primocin™ is enough to treat 500 ml medium
Shipped at room temperature
Primocin™ is provided as a cell culture tested, sterile filtered light yellow solution at a concentration of 50 mg/ml in different formats:
- 10 x 1 ml vial (500 mg)
- 1 x 20 ml bottle (1 g)
1. Sanchez-Laorden B. et al., 2014. BRAF Inhibitors Induce Metastasis in RAS Mutant or Inhibitor-Resistant Melanoma Cells by Reactivating MEK and ERK Signaling. Sci Signal., 7(318)
2. Lionnet T. et al., 2011. A transgenic mouse for in vivo detection of endogenous labeled mRNA. Nat Methods., 8(2):165-70
3. Grabundzija I. et al., 2013. Sleeping Beauty transposon-based system for cellular reprogramming and targeted gene insertion in induced pluripotent stem cells. Nucleic Acids Res., 41(3):1829-47
4. Tucker BA. et al., 2013. Patient-specific iPSC-derived photoreceptor precursor cells as a means to investigate retinitis pigmentosa. Elife, 2:e00824
5. Tucker BA. et al., 2013. Use of a synthetic xeno-free culture substrate for induced pluripotent stem cell induction and retinal differentiation. Stem Cells Transl Med., 2(1):16-24
6. Zhou T. et al., 2012. Generation of human induced pluripotent stem cells from urine samples. Nat Protoc. 7(12):2080-9.
Recent articles using InvivoGen Primocin™
- 2017 - J Biol Chem., [Epub ahead of print]
ETS Proto-Oncogene 1 Transcriptionally Up-regulates the Cholangiocyte Senescence-associated Protein Cyclin Dependent Kinase Inhibitor 2A.
O'Hara SP. et al.
- 2016 - Nat Med., 22(12):1421-1427. d
Capturing the biology of disease severity in a PSC-based model of familial dysautonomia.
Zeltner N. et al.
- 2016 - Nat Commun., 7:13348. d
Sensing of HSV-1 by the cGAS–STING pathway in microglia orchestrates antiviral defence in the CNS.
Reinert LS. et al.
- 2016 - Nat Protoc., 11(2):327-46.
Isolation and cultivation of naive-like human pluripotent stem cells based on HERVH expression.
Wang J, Singh M, Sun C, Besser D, Prigione A, Ivics Z, Hurst LD, Izsvák Z.
- 2016 - Nat Commun., 7:10286.
Reprogramming triggers endogenous L1 and Alu retrotransposition in human induced pluripotent stem cells.
Klawitter S, Fuchs NV, Upton KR, Muñoz-Lopez M, Shukla R, Wang J, Garcia-Cañadas M, Lopez-Ruiz C, Gerhardt DJ, Sebe A, Grabundzija I, Merkert S, Gerdes P, Pulgarin JA, Bock A, Held U, Witthuhn A, Haase A, Sarkadi B, Löwer J, Wolvetang EJ, Martin U, I
|Unit Size||500 mg (10 x 1 ml)|
|Price||For price or distributor address,
please select your country