|Triptolide||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Triptolide, a diterpenoid isolated from Tripterygium wilfordii hook F, has been used for centuries in traditional Chinese medicine to treat immune-related disorders.
In addition to its anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive activities, triptolide possesses potent antitumor properties. In a broad range of human tumor cells, Triptolide suppresses cell proliferation and induces apoptosis through caspase activation .
At a molecular level, Triptolide inhibits global gene transcription by inducing degradation of RNA polymerase II (Pol II) , and by inhibiting the ATPase activity of XPB , a subunit of the general transcription factor TFIIH.
Triptolide interferes with a number of transcription factors including p53 , NF-κB , nuclear factor of activated T-cells (NFAT)  and heat shock factor protein 1 (HSF-1) .
1. Carter BZ. et al., 2006. Triptolide induces caspase-dependent cell death mediated via the mitochondrial pathway in leukemic cells. Blood 108: 630 - 637.
2. Wang Y. et al., 2011. Triptolide (TPL) inhibits global transcription by inducing proteasome-dependent degradation of RNA polymerase II (Pol II). PLoS One. 6(9):e23993.
3. Titov D. et al., 2011. XPB, a subunit of TFIIH, is a target of the natural product triptolide. Nat Chem Biol. 7(3):182-8.
4. Chang, W.T. et al., 2001. Triptolide and chemotherapy cooperate in tumor cell apoptosis. A role for the p53 pathway. J. Biol. Chem. 276, 2221–2227.
5. Qiu D. et al., 1999. Immunosuppressant PG490 (triptolide) inhibits T-cell interleukin-2 expression at the level of purine-box/nuclear factor of activated T-cells and NF-kappaB transcriptional activation. J. Biol. Chem. 274, 13443–13450.
6. Westerheide SD. et al., 2006. Triptolide, an Inhibitor of the Human Heat Shock Response That Enhances Stress-induced Cell Death. J. Biol. Chem., 281: 9616 - 9622.
Working concentration: 10 - 100 nM
CAS number: 38748-32-2
Molecular weight: 360.4
Solubility: DMSO, ethanol (10 mg/ml)Back to the top
- 1 mg triptolide (white solid)
Triptolide is shipped at room temperature.
Store as supplied at -20°C in a tightly sealed vial.
Protect from light.
Triptolide as a solid is stable for 6 months when properly stored.Back to the top
Triptolide chemical properties:
Back to the top